Lewis River and Kalama River Steelhead and salmon

Tell us about your favorite Alpine lake locations and hikes here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Dillpepsi123
Petty Officer

Lewis River and Kalama River Steelhead and salmon

Post by Dillpepsi123 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:27 pm

Does anyone have some tips to give me about steelhead and salmon fishing in the Lewis and Kalama rivers?

Like which corkies work the best for drift fishing?

Or just what is working?

Thanks guys....

fishing collector
Captain

RE:Lewis River and Kalama River Steelhead and salmon

Post by fishing collector » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:27 pm

I have read that large Kwikfish wrapped with herring or Vibrax in brass or silver Number 4 size works well. Also wiggle warts in Met Red, Flame, Red , Silver, Black Bart, Rodman, and M. Jackson. Using small corkies in red colors with 1 in of red yarn also works. Some people use red dyed prawns also. If you have any x-4 flatfish in silver , flame red, green hornet, or green weenie may work for you. BTW Herring attached to a kwikfish, flatfish, or any large lures work best in deep pools rather than long drifts. Good luck to you, I'm sure you will get some more ideas in the next few days. As for Steelhead fishing I would assume that any set-up used for steelhead on any other river would work here.Again...Good luck, Steve
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fly Fishing is the art of attaching a fake bug to a line and relying on the appropriate manipulation of the rod to deceive the fish into eating a sharp steel hook covered with feathers and fur.

Return to “Alpine Lakes - Hikes and Destinations”