Wallace Lake Area

Tell us about your favorite Alpine lake locations and hikes here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Dan Boone
Lieutenant

Wallace Lake Area

Post by Dan Boone » Fri May 17, 2013 7:27 pm

OK, so I'm probably going to head up to Wallace Lake next week with mountain bike and small raft on the DNR road. I 'm curious about the other lakes in that chain too though(Shaw & Jay). They sound like they would be neat to check out, but there isn't a lot of recent information on them. How do you get to them from Wallace? There doesn't seem to be an actual trail going to them, but are there old logging grades that would get me there? Would it be worth the time, or should I just break it into 2 different trips because of time? Any general sugetions about fishing the area? Thanks for any advice.

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Re: Wallace Lake Area

Post by natetreat » Fri May 17, 2013 8:47 pm

If you have your bike you'll be fine to do them both, start out early and pack a lunch though! The cutts hang out around the edges in the logs. They're going to be hungry too. Bring lots of different spinners, spoons flies etc. They'll eat anything once, but after a few casts, they don't bite anymore until you switch it up.

fear_no_fish
Captain

Re: Wallace Lake Area

Post by fear_no_fish » Wed May 22, 2013 12:39 pm

I need to get up there this year! I really want to hike up there with my raft. Some day i guess

Return to “Alpine Lakes - Hikes and Destinations”