Favorite Alpine Lake of All Time

Tell us about your favorite Alpine lake locations and hikes here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Gringo Pescador

RE:Favorite Alpine Lake of All Time

Post by Gringo Pescador » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:31 am

I went up to Hyas last July - it is up near Salmon La Sac. An easy hike in (2 mi) lots of camping and an easy day trip from Seattle. I enjoyed it and plan to go back and explore it more thoroughly sometime. See my Secret Lakes report from 07/28/2007. I would be up for a WL.com alpine outing (though I don't have much for overnight hiking gear).
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

dilbert
Captain

Post by dilbert » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:44 am

An alpine lake dayhike/backpacking/camping trip would be really cool! I'd be up for that.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I got my swim trunks, And my flippie-floppies
I'm flipping Jigs, you at Kinko's straight flipping copies"

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:43 am

I don't have any special alpine lakes that I frequent except for a couple no-named ones by buddy used to take me to. I have quite a few faves in Oregon that I have gotten to know from boy scouting.

However, I am definitely interested in going along with the WL.com gang. :cheers:

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:13 am

Would like to see it done in the summer or late late spring. Unfortunately I had to miss the last WL.com BBQ at coulon but would like to attend one, and seeing as to how I'm off at school until early June, I wouldn't be able to make a spring outing...
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

cavdad45
Commodore

Post by cavdad45 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:31 am

Late summer works best. End of July through August. Alot of places still have snow in June, also the mosquitos are in full bloom right after ice-out!

hookorcrook
Warrant Officer

Post by hookorcrook » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:23 pm

quadradomus wrote:Hookemdanno, I love it! You are dating yourself with that one.. You need to go to the "Explain your Avitar" thread under Announcements, etc.
No explanation necessary, but very good just the same.
Thanks! I thought it was fun. I knew there'd be some old(er) salts on here that would get it.

Couldn't find the Explain your Avitar thread though. :-k
Suzanne

Marc Martyn
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by Marc Martyn » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:20 am

hookemdanno wrote:
quadradomus wrote:Hookemdanno, I love it! You are dating yourself with that one.. You need to go to the "Explain your Avitar" thread under Announcements, etc.
No explanation necessary, but very good just the same.
Thanks! I thought it was fun. I knew there'd be some old(er) salts on here that would get it.

Couldn't find the Explain your Avitar thread though. :-k
The subject was in Off Topic:

http://www.washingtonlakes.com/Forum/vi ... t=1679&p=2

I'm one of the "old salts" that remembers Steve McGarett (Jack Lord). Great show!

viet
Petty Officer

Post by viet » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:17 pm

i'm down for a group hike in camp!
there's nothing better than standing on the side of a lake or river knowing that only a handful of people have stood in that exact spot and witness the beauty of mother nature first hand.

Return to “Alpine Lakes - Hikes and Destinations”