Snow lake.

Tell us about your favorite Alpine lake locations and hikes here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Derrick-k
Commander

Snow lake.

Post by Derrick-k » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:19 pm

Has anyone ever fished snow lake? Is it any good. Should I just use still fishing tecniques. It's a 5 mile hike in so I dont think it gets planted.

Thanks, Derrick.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

littleriver
Commander

RE:Snow lake.

Post by littleriver » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:32 pm

OK... if you're talking about the snow lake just north and west of snoqualmie pass. I've been there several times.

You park in the alpental ski lodge parking lot and it's about a 3 mile hike, not 5.

I mostly go there for short excercise hikes in the summer but when I was up there last month I talked with a fisherman who looked like he was using a fly rod. He said fishing is good. Your best success is when the water is really calm. Use small small dark stuff imitating chronomids and you should do well.

Don't expect any of the fish to be too large.

Trail takes a lot of traffic though. So expect company but very few visitors fish. There are a couple of other lakes further up the trail and I suspect the same will go for them.
Fish doesn't smell "fishy" because it's fish. Fish smells "fishy" when it's rotten.

Return to “Alpine Lakes - Hikes and Destinations”