WashingtonLakes.com 2008 Alpine Hike

Tell us about your favorite Alpine lake locations and hikes here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
kutthroatkilla
Commander

WashingtonLakes.com 2008 Alpine Hike

Post by kutthroatkilla » Sat May 31, 2008 5:25 pm

Hey all! So I was thinking we'd go ahead and organize a day hike into a lake I have in mind off exit 34 in North Bend as many members were interested. This would be a day hike and would be around 7 miles in and 7 miles out. Round trip anywhere from 12-15 miles. I have a few very productive lakes in mind. I also have a list of about 3 members that want to go, not including myself. That would make for a group of 4 hikers, which is great. I'd prefer no more than 8. In doing so, we'd hike up for the day (not easy hiking for kids), and then fish the lakes from shore/tubes, share stories, drinks, and have a good time. This would most likely be done on August 10th. I'm looking at August 10th as a set date. This would be a one time, group hike, and would be done from the hours of 7AM-9PM in the Alpine Lakes Wilderness Area. August 16th is also an option...access would be through the Middle Fork Snoqualmie Area, North Bend, exit 34. And they can be fished from shore as well.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat May 31, 2008 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get with the Fast Money Bros

HammerinHonkers
Petty Officer

RE:WashingtonLakes.com 2008 Alpine Hike

Post by HammerinHonkers » Sat May 31, 2008 7:25 pm

KK
I may be interested in this, which lakes do you have in mind? I regular that area for high lakes hikes and am wondering what you have in mind.

kutthroatkilla
Commander

Post by kutthroatkilla » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:02 am

HammerinHonkers wrote:KTK
I may be interested in this, which lakes do you have in mind? I regular that area for high lakes hikes and am wondering what you have in mind.
Right now it's Thompson Lake. I would bush wack it back into Spider, but it might be a bit risky for just a day hike. Thompson has some very large fish in it and it's "off the beaten path" in the sense that it is away from both L and U Granite Lakes. Pumpkinseed and Hi-Low are my favorite, but for day hikes that is just way too far. Thompson is about 7 miles in, 7 out.

I'm open to other lakes (ideas) in King County...

KTK
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get with the Fast Money Bros

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:12 am

You can put me on the list...:bounce:
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:50 pm

Gringo Pescador wrote:You can put me on the list...:bounce:
Roger that!!!:cheers: :salut:

Gringo Pescador

Post by Gringo Pescador » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:37 am

OK, I re-read Kutts post... the first time I read it, I read 7 miles.. I'm thinkin "I can do that. whoo hoo! lets go!:cheers: " The 2nd read: 7 miles EACH WAY..:pale: OK, I can do it, but would I enjoy it? Would I be able to walk (or move at all) the next day? I think I will have to take my lumps here, back out on this one and wait for the old guy bus :eye:
I fish not because I regard fishing as being terribly important, but because I suspect that so many of the other concerns of men are equally unimportant, and not nearly so much fun. ~ John Volker

fishnislife
Admiral

Post by fishnislife » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:33 pm

Your hilarious Gringo. I'd be interested in a day hike. As the date gets closer I will know for sure. I think there will be a couple of people like Gringo who would prefer a 5 mile hike max. 7 in, 7 out is quite a bit for anyone in one day. I would camp if I was doing something like that myself. Plus, your spending most of the day hiking and not fishing. Just a thought if you want more people to go. Look for something a little less demanding.

fishnislife
Fish, Baits, Tournaments & BBQ's, Scenic Pictures, Hunting and World Record Pix:
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:46 am

Gringo Pescador wrote:OK, I re-read Kutts post... the first time I read it, I read 7 miles.. I'm thinkin "I can do that. whoo hoo! lets go!:cheers: " The 2nd read: 7 miles EACH WAY..:pale: OK, I can do it, but would I enjoy it? Would I be able to walk (or move at all) the next day? I think I will have to take my lumps here, back out on this one and wait for the old guy bus :eye:

Yes, I too am pedaling backwards to the "Old guy bus.":-({|=
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

Return to “Alpine Lakes - Hikes and Destinations”