Tomtit Lake

Tell us about your favorite Alpine lake locations and hikes here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Mr. Magler
Petty Officer

Tomtit Lake

Post by Mr. Magler » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:55 pm

I have a flyfishing book that says Tomtit Lake is an alpine lake near Sultan that holds smallmouth bass. Seems very strange, but if that's true then I have to check it out. An alpine lake with smallies?! Sounds too good to be true! I have tried to research it online, and haven't found anything about it - not even how to access it.

Has anyone ever been to this lake, or know how to access it? #-o
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wishin' I was fishin',

Mr. Magler

mallard83
Commodore

RE:Tomtit Lake

Post by mallard83 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:46 pm

I wouldn't really consider Tomtit lake an alpine lake because it is not too high in elevation. I have been to this lake many times before, but have never fished it, I was always just out for a liesurely ride on my dirt bike. I have talked to guys that have fished it but they only mentioned trout being in there, but who knows there could be some smallies.

You used to be able to get to the lake from a couple of different ways. Either from the old CCC road or from Cedar Ponds road. As far as I know both ways in are still gated and is a couple mile hike from both entrances. Wherehouser used to own that land but I believe it was sold to Hancock Timber Company. You can purchase an annual pass to have vehicular access to the whole area from Sultan all the way down to North Bend/Snoqaulmie area. The pass is pretty pricy I heard, but the entire area is littered with a ton of beaver ponds and lakes. Some of these lakes hold bass a panfish, but most only hold trout. I know of a few lakes in the area that hold some very large trout. It is a nice area because you usually never see another soul other than the occasional logger.

I did find a webpage with lots of info on a lot of the lakes in this area, but I can't remember the name. When I find time I will do some searching and let you know what I found.

zen leecher aka Bill W
Captain

Post by zen leecher aka Bill W » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:27 pm

I never connected that area with the Hancock sale. Might be worth a pass as Hannan and Fontal are behind gates. Hannan may be private now as I've heard the CYO controls it. I first fished them in 1974.

Mr. Magler
Petty Officer

Post by Mr. Magler » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:47 am

Thanks Mallard and zen!

Kind of a bummer that you need a special pass to get there, but that also means that area is probably very lightly fished. Might be worth buying one, depending on the cost....

I'll try to do some more web-searching as well.
Wishin' I was fishin',

Mr. Magler

Return to “Alpine Lakes - Hikes and Destinations”