Rachel lake

Tell us about your favorite Alpine lake locations and hikes here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
jake_k
Warrant Officer

Rachel lake

Post by jake_k » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:48 am

my friends and i are going up to rachel lake next week as a graduation gift to our selves and i jsut wanted to know a few things.
first: Will fishing be good this time of year if it is even open
second: Is it legal to camp up there
I have only ever been car camping so this will be an experience for me

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

RE:Rachel lake

Post by Mike Carey » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:55 am

jake_k wrote:my friends and i are going up to rachel lake next week as a graduation gift to our selves and i jsut wanted to know a few things.
first: Will fishing be good this time of year if it is even open
second: Is it legal to camp up there
I have only ever been car camping so this will be an experience for me

Here's my Blog article and video on Rachel and Rampart lakes:

http://www.washingtonlakes.com/BlogPost.aspx?bpid=208

As to your questions:

fishing was great when I was there - if it is open - that's a big "if". The lake may still be snowed in, I don't know. You can check the Forest Service site and they should have the information posted.

Legal to camp - yes, it's legal to camp but there may be restrictions on camping within a certain distance, or with fires above a certain elevation. These will usually be posted on either the Forest Service site or at the trailhead bulletin board.

Rachel is a tough hike and very steep with a creek that runs down parts of the trail - in early runoff it could be pretty dangerous.

Let us know how you do...

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Return to “Alpine Lakes - Hikes and Destinations”