Place to Hit by Snoqualmie

Tell us about your favorite Alpine lake locations and hikes here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
reigndawgs
Commander

Place to Hit by Snoqualmie

Post by reigndawgs » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:44 pm

Looking for an easy hiker from 1-90. I live of off exit 18 and the closer the better. Going to be showing a friend from Oregon what Washington has to offer on July 16th.

Thanks,
Reigndawgs

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

RE:Place to Hit by Snoqualmie

Post by The Quadfather » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:21 pm

If you were interested in Hwy 2, I could tell you more places. I realize though that 90 is in your backyard.
A very popular hike up there is Snow lake. It is considered a pretty easy hike, and it can be crowded they say. Bring a fly rod if you go anywhere, and leave a report in the alpine lakes section.
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:00 am

Are you off roading or hiking up?If you want to see the area look in a DeLorme map.This will show you all lakes and all the off and jeep roads.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

reigndawgs
Commander

Post by reigndawgs » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:46 am

I would be cool with going on any jeep road that a Honda Pilot might handle, but don't want to have to do any extreme or technical stuff that would risk putting my only means of transportation out of commission. I had been thinking of the lakes around Olallie. I don't mind some excercise and climb, but want a place we can do as a day hike and that actually has some fish.

Return to “Alpine Lakes - Hikes and Destinations”