New Idea

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Xiphias Gladius
Petty Officer

New Idea

Post by Xiphias Gladius » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:32 pm

I was sitting in class the other day, dreaming of trout, when all of a sudden an idea popped in my head. I don't know if ya'll already know this, but I can't wait to try it out. The rig is with a casting bubble that has a hole in it, filled completely with water so it will very slowly sink. Then I thread the line through the bubble to a barrel swivel. Then I take a leader, tie it to the swivel, then a foot and a half of leader to the hook. On the hook is two power eggs. I can cast it out really far due to the heavy weight of the water in the bubble, but when it hits the water, it sink about 2 inches a second. That way the power eggs with drift the whole water column. Also, when the trout hits, it feels no resistance due to the hole though it and the swivel. I will also use 10 lb braided line for the main line due to how heavy the casting bubble is when it is filled with water. What do you guys think?

swedefish4life1
Admiral

RE:New Idea

Post by swedefish4life1 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:39 pm

The Bubble gig#-o has been out there for years and I think still is but it does create some resistance coming back in = many light products will create a slower drop with bait that provide the Correct color and scent to add in more hook ups and bites:bounce:

My fav is my custom floating, slower sinking Pumkin#-o :cheers: loaded with custom jigs:colors: lol
Attachments
b44.jpg
b44.jpg (68.89 KiB) Viewed 1353 times
gear9.jpg
gear9.jpg (33.06 KiB) Viewed 1356 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xiphias Gladius
Petty Officer

Post by Xiphias Gladius » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:05 pm

what are the two things in the first picture? What things that sink slowely and add scent? I would think that a jig would actually sink faster. Are you joking? I cant tell.

Anglinarcher
Admiral

Post by Anglinarcher » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:16 pm

Xiphias Gladius your method will work just fine.

I have used something very similar as a kid, just with worms - power bait was not around in those days.:-"
Too much water, so many fish, too little time.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

Post by racfish » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:41 am

I kinda remember a clear bobber that did something like that.Something similar to that we used for squid jigging was to run a corky on your line,below that was your jigs.All it really did was give you a location in the dark of where your line was going.On a small lake with no boats it would work well.If there were watercraft on a lake your idea would be harder to use.Great idea though.Let us know how you did..
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

panfisher
Captain

Post by panfisher » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:52 pm

i use the same set up when i wish to get some distance using ultra-lite lures. its a great set up when you are shore bound i can tell you that it will up your (%) fish taken. your set up sounds good, let us know how it works:thumright
Attachments
100_3608_Small.jpg
100_3608_Small.jpg (77.12 KiB) Viewed 1239 times
100_3606_Small.jpg
100_3606_Small.jpg (64.59 KiB) Viewed 1239 times

panfisher
Captain

Post by panfisher » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:18 pm

here are a few ways i use a casting bubble read the report on myron lake which i caught two trout using the set-up on the left with-in 1 hours time. you can use these bubble's with the line running through, twist the line to hold, add water for casting (out to the boats) you can also fill it with split shot to sink faster, put a tiny glow-stick in it for night fishing. drift fish the bottom using it to keep your offerings off the bottom. many other ways to use this bubble.