Bellingham/skagit county fall trout

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
jake_k
Warrant Officer

Bellingham/skagit county fall trout

Post by jake_k » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:17 pm

Hello all,

I am taking ownership of a 16 ft open boat this weekend. I would like to take the boat out on a lake in the whatcom/skagit county area for trout. I have fishfinder gas and electric motors and a hand crank down rigger. What like might be best to troll up so late season trouts. Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you

fisherman92
Lieutenant

Re: Bellingham/skagit county fall trout

Post by fisherman92 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:02 am

Went to clear lake in Skagit county bass fishing yesterday. Couldnt get more than a couple bass, but 50/50 dicknite (and crankbaits) were absolutely slaying the trout. Most near the surface. Lots of jumpers, They're everywhere! Good luck!

branweeds
Warrant Officer

Re: Bellingham/skagit county fall trout

Post by branweeds » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:21 pm

You should hit Padden before it closes on the 31st, it was stocked this month with around 1200 trout that are about 1.3 pounds each. Electric only but there is a good launch if you haven't been.