Kokanee for Father's Day

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
P.TRICK.KELLY
Angler

Kokanee for Father's Day

Post by P.TRICK.KELLY » Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:17 pm

I'm wanting to take my kids fishing with me for Father's Day. Wondering which lake is doing best right now for kokes...

American (1 hour drive)
Summit (1.5 hour)
Stevens (2 hour)

Thanks, and Happy Father's Day weekend to all of you dads out there.

Kokanee Kid
Petty Officer

Re: Kokanee for Father's Day

Post by Kokanee Kid » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:42 pm

In my opinion, summit would be your best bet. Reports on American and clear look spoty at best. The biggest issue would be the weather changes. I'd say trust your fish finder and don't be afraid to change up your gear and bait often if you are not getting bites . Also, think outside the box. Be safe out there and best of luck!!!!!

Fish Dawg
Petty Officer

Re: Kokanee for Father's Day

Post by Fish Dawg » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:49 pm

Recent reports from summit do confirm willing biters and also a copepod infestation. Not harmful to eat but they don't look too pretty and may make the fish a bit sluggish on the fight. Latest reports from American have been better. As for me I'm also going to be kokanee fishing with my kiddo for dad's day & we're heading to Stevens (10 fish limits and it appears to be pretty steady fishing lately).