rule change at rattlesnake lake king county

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
AlexanderS
Petty Officer

rule change at rattlesnake lake king county

Post by AlexanderS » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:30 pm

Starting June 6th you can keep a daily limit of 5 trout at Rattlesanke lake until Sept.30th 2015. The lake seems to be overstocked and fish seem to be on the skinnier side.

https://fortress.wa.gov/dfw/erules/efis ... sp?id=1615" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

wlai
Petty Officer

Re: rule change at rattlesnake lake king county

Post by wlai » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:31 am

Thanks. I suppose it's different for everyone, but I'm usually C&R for trout and particularly for this lake, but in this case taking is helping?

AlexanderS
Petty Officer

Post by AlexanderS » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:52 am

I believe so,the lake was is over populated with trout which decreases the amount of food. I think WFWD realized that so the want to decrease the population of trout so more can survive.In the most recent report of rattle snake lake the guy mentioned that he saw a few dead fish on shore,id rather have someone take them home then the fish dying off. I usually catch and release aswell,sometimes I'll take a few for the smoker,but I'm a bigger fan of eating salmon:)

wlai
Petty Officer

Post by wlai » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:00 am

Sounds good Alex. Salmon is more my taste too :-p

Diverdoyle
Petty Officer

Post by Diverdoyle » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:09 pm

this also could have been a stocked lake of the " steelhead " fry that the state got sued about so they released in to this lake it is a special rules lake as well

jonb
Commander

Post by jonb » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:54 pm

Diverdoyl thats affirmative, rattlesnake lake did get stocked with steelhead in large numbers then stocked again this spring in its usual numbers... i do remember a few reports when the limit was 10, and up until it closed for retention, the reports still indicated that there were alot of fish left. Then they stocked it again.. not surprising that the fish are over populated there..
hi my name is john, and I'm a fishing addict.

TyeeMatt
Petty Officer

Post by TyeeMatt » Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:52 am

Sad that fish are dying off and being wasted. Rattlesnake was definitely overstocked and WDFW was a little late in setting the keeper limit back in place as far as I'm concerned. I had a lot of fun fishing there this spring (partly because it was so easy) but would like to see WDFW get it dialed in a bit more before they double-stock like what happened this past year.
http://rainiervalleyangler.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bow_Slayer
Angler

Post by Bow_Slayer » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:03 pm

Anybody make it up there this weekend? Was it a zoo? I might try to go Wed AM, assist with the population control. Never tasted rattlesnake before [tongue]

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:25 pm

Bow_Slayer wrote:Anybody make it up there this weekend? Was it a zoo? I might try to go Wed AM, assist with the population control. Never tasted rattlesnake before [tongue]
The last weekend day I was there was a ZOO! So many impolite people determined to have fun at anyone's cost. Parking was absolutely rabid with no concern for boat trailer only parking. Vehicles crammed in every available inch with no regard for anyone parked legally and with a discover pass. The Rangers could have made a mint off of parking regs and the local tow boys could have been busy pumping the economy all day. The fish..... Feel free to go thin the crowd. They would like the last plant cleaned out because, well, the dumb @$$es planted a ton of fish where they shouldn't have. Not enough food in the lake to support half the numbers they dumped. They could have been in a river swimming to sea.... Now they're trying to cover their rears. Plenty of fish dying of starvation and disease. Lots of food for the Eagles and Ospreys, they were busy all day. The average fish is 12 to 13 inches with a girth of about the size of a kids school ruler. Not really too appetizing. But please do go and catch a bunch so we can get the lake back to manageable population with enough to eat. This is totally shameful, a real black eye for the WDFW. Starving animals, I can't believe they're behind it.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

jonb
Commander

Post by jonb » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:17 pm

Bodofish, very well said.
hi my name is john, and I'm a fishing addict.