favorite trout dough

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
TBear_fishin
Petty Officer

Re: favorite trout dough

Post by TBear_fishin » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:50 pm

First and foremost rainbow power egg(s) snuggled against a fat chunk of crawler always dipped in garlic sauce.

spokey9
Captain

Re: favorite trout dough

Post by spokey9 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:04 pm

I carry 3 jar of powerbait with me whenever I hit a lake. Orange, Corn scented Yellow, and grape nymph. I dip it either pro cure sandshrimp (which is really effective since the dept changed the feed pellets a few years back) or mike's glow shrimp scents. If the fish were planted recently i'll roll some lip ripperz hatchery dust into the ball. I like dough over power eggs because I fish a small egg hook for trout and the power eggs get in the way of the hook point. That and if you leave a couple feet of slack in your line you don't lose much dough to missed fish. Just gotta watch the line instead of the rod tip.
Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except i still get to kill something.