Lake washinton trout

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
jake_k
Warrant Officer

Lake washinton trout

Post by jake_k » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:24 pm

I was thinking about taking my boat out this weekend and I want to fish for trout on lake washington. Is this a good time of year for it? what depths work best ( I have 2 manual down riggers). Also what lures work the best?

troutfinatic
Petty Officer

Re: Lake washinton trout

Post by troutfinatic » Thu May 10, 2012 8:26 pm

Jake,

People dont talk much about trout on Lake Washington. In fact if you look in past posts some people get down right hostile if you give out information. If its cutthroat trout your looking for there was some good posts, last year. If there still there.
The guy had to change his name on this site plus was threated on the water. [sad]
I was wondering if anyone would ever give you a reply, that should tell you some thing right there. ](*,)

jake_k
Warrant Officer

Post by jake_k » Thu May 10, 2012 9:55 pm

well that explains a lot i guess ill just have to get that info the old way.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Thu May 10, 2012 9:56 pm

Just go to the reports history for Lake WA. and read the cutt. reports. You will find all depths, gear, etc. Look at the months that you are reading, and match it to the current month we are in. See last May what depth people were picking up fish.
I fish the South end of the lake off the S. tip of Mercer Is. or in the general S. end between thei island and the Cedar river.
I like a green splatter back mini hootchie from Ace hi fly, behind any of the Rocky mountain dodgers. (small dodgers about 4" about 10-12" leader. Brad's mini cutt plugs are fine.

http://home.comcast.net/~grgraumann/Cut ... ington.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's all in the above link.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri May 11, 2012 5:36 am

jake_k wrote:well that explains a lot i guess ill just have to get that info the old way.
If you review the fishing reports for lake Washington (there are 1,319 reports) you'll find a wealth of information, including the reports from the above mentioned person that had one unfortunate incident out on the lake by some moron.

When you review the posts, on the top of the page is a black filter box that will allow you to select for species and do a more detailed search. You can search for trout, or rainbow, or cutthroat as options to narrow down your search.

Also, if you were a Premium Member, you would have access to all the hotspots that guys have put in over the past few years, which would give you exact locations where they have had success on lake Washington.

There is also a "Search" option under the Home tab on the black menu bar. I did a Lake Washington search and came up with this overvire article:

http://www.washingtonlakes.com/ReadArticle.aspx?id=2

Quadfather - I forgot about your excellent powerpoint.

So, there is no need to go back to the "old way" of getting info, everything you need is on the site. [thumbup]

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Fri May 11, 2012 6:48 am

troutfinatic wrote:Jake,

People dont talk much about trout on Lake Washington. In fact if you look in past posts some people get down right hostile if you give out information. If its cutthroat trout your looking for there was some good posts, last year. If there still there.
The guy had to change his name on this site plus was threated on the water. [sad]
I was wondering if anyone would ever give you a reply, that should tell you some thing right there. ](*,)
A little dramatic don't you think? Who got threatened for posting reports? With 1300 + reports...... well ok. I'll say it too, search the reports and the lake info and take special note of the maps available.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

troutfinatic
Petty Officer

Post by troutfinatic » Sun May 13, 2012 8:32 pm

I was just trying to get some responses to this post. I'll tone down the DRAMA [flapper]