nitro bait

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Xiphias Gladius
Petty Officer

nitro bait

Post by Xiphias Gladius » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:57 am

has anyone tried nitro bait for trout by eagle claw. It cost 2 dollars a jar instead of the 4 or 5 so I decided that I would try it. Has anyone had any previous experiance with it and its relation to powerbait.

gpc
Admiral

RE:nitro bait

Post by gpc » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:24 pm

I have a couple jars and have used it a couple times, but I dont like it compared to Berkely. My buddy will use either brand and says he gets the same results. I think with me its just a confidence thing, I have been using Berkely for ever so after about 15 mins of nitro I get frustrated and switch

mallard83
Commodore

Post by mallard83 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:54 pm

I prefer power bait also because it seems more consistent. By this I mean that I have caught more fish on a regular basis on PB and I don't like the nitro bait because it seems to come off of the hook easier because it is airy and fluffy (harder to make a good ball). Don't count your losses just yet though because this is another topic as gpc says that falls under preference. I have caught many trout on both I just prefer power bait.

Fisherman_max
Commander

Post by Fisherman_max » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:47 pm

like the people who replyed before me, i have been fishing were only the nitro works and i have caught 10+ fish per outing but then other times only berkley will work. its a toss up
"If people focused on the important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles"

Max's Video Production

serving Washingtons greatest fishing website since 12/14/07

sending videos soon.

travislikesfishing
Lieutenant

Post by travislikesfishing » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:17 am

i trout fish more than anything else limit almost everytime with nice fish and ive that nitro bait a few times cought very very small number of fish with it it may be cheaper but it is still a waste of money stick with powerbait by berkley glitter rainbow always does the trick for me.. good luck!
KEEP UR LINE TIGHT SO U CAN FEEL THE BITE!!!!!

USMCFisherman
Petty Officer

Post by USMCFisherman » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:43 am

I go with powerbait. I have had success with both but I think powerbait does stay on the hook better so I choose that.

Fish-or-man?
Commander

Post by Fish-or-man? » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:50 pm

I've never tried it because whenever I see it it's always some crazy mixed-up color. I like solid colors, orange, pink, green, etc.; none of this rainbow garbage. If I see it in a solid color I'll try it!

shawn
Commander

Post by shawn » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:32 pm

I've tried the Nitro and I perfer Powerbait or the Berkley corn scented corn nibblets
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."Edmund Burke

http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm15 ... %20Season/

Fisherman_max
Commander

Post by Fisherman_max » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:18 pm

hey fish-or-man im pretty sure i have seen it in a solid red, green, and i think maybe orange. but yea you should at least try the one color called strawberry, its a mix of red green and i think one more color but i caught 10 trout combined with a buddy on that stuff when nothing else was working, its almost magic. i think its because it has a wierd almost corn-nutty smell that is quite different from berkely
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If people focused on the important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles"

Max's Video Production

serving Washingtons greatest fishing website since 12/14/07

sending videos soon.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by A9 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:04 pm

Powerbait is a known standard by many trout plunkers and Nitro is new to the scene. I know they both work, to what degree one works better then the other is up to a fishermen to "decide."

Nitro is something I'm looking forward to trying as soon as I get the chance, but unfortunately since I rarely plunk for trout anymore, I'll have to test Powerbait's "Trout" Scent (which I have used before with good results) with the Nitro "Trout Gravy." I'd also like to try the "Trout feast" smelly jelly in the vaseline-like substance..
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....