Pierce Counties' "Silver Lake" What Now?

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
WN9045LG
Angler

Pierce Counties' "Silver Lake" What Now?

Post by WN9045LG » Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:00 am

Hi Guys, I've ghot a question, thought maybe I might get a couple good answers here. My query is, what's going on at Silver Lake now that George Henly has sold the "place" and we don't have access to the lake any more???? Is he allowing fishermen access or has it really closed pending further developments with the "sale" of the property or is it just closed? It has always been nice to be able to go out to Georges' place and sit on the dock when you don't have a boat or don't feel like dragging along the hassle of launching and going thru all the "rigamarow" of a boat when you wou would like "just a quiet day on the dock" Well, what ever the answer, I know "we sure are gonna miss the Henlys and all the great years at Silver Lake. I say, Thanks George and Family, it's really has been wonderful fishing with such a fine family.
WN9045LG

DH
Petty Officer

RE:Pierce Counties' "Silver Lake" What Now?

Post by DH » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:52 pm

Just checked the WDFG site and on the list of lakes planted as of June 14th, it lists a plant of 1500 fish in Pierce Counties Silver Lake . Why are they planting a lake with public fish and no public access? Is there access now? Anyone know?

dandanfielding
Angler

Post by dandanfielding » Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:30 pm

This used to be a favorite lake of mine.Caught 2 three pound rainbows opening day 2006.They stopped planting browns after 2005 since they were escaping into the river (not sure which one,Nisqually?).Caught many browns up to 18" here.
Stopped by on the way back from Mineral today(6-30-07).The resort is closed,the dock and campgrounds are gated and posted no trespassing although there were people camping and fishing off the dock.There were 2 rigs with trailers parked in front of the big logs and 2 boats on the lake,1 was fishing and 1 was skiing.The ramp looks like its open to the public and there are some wdfw rules posted by it.
If voting made a difference it would be illegal.
Under capitalism man exploits man.Under comunism its just the opposite.

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:48 am

For starters, there are no private natural lakes.
Land owners only own to mean low level mark on any body of water.
If people have been accessing the lake through that fellows land for a signifcant amount of time the State probably considers that the access until people start to squak about no access. I haven't seen many lakes that don't have some sort of access. Quite often is just a road or a little trail that butts up against the lake. It's not big but, enough to launch a float tube or for one person to cast. As you would guess the land owners on either side would have you believe it's all private and will do what they can to obstruct trails and roads.
For example, the small lakes in the north end of Seattle recieve plants and if you ask any of the home owners, it's a private lake. Not true, all of them have some sort of access. I've caught some dandies out of Haller Lake and had some heated debates with home owners about parking and lake access. I just take a picture and do what I know I can. There are several more north of there that have provided a meal or two. For the kids on the list Bitter Lakes is a nice place to fish, good access from the park on the south side. Make sure your rides park at the park and not on the street around the west side, you can expect some verbal abuse from the resedents and even vandalizm. It's gettng into the warm season but it provides some nice holdovers early in the spring. (It was 5 Min. from my old office). Tube in the back of the Suzi and a quick change on the way out the door and a bit of bliss before heading home with dinner.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Jim Ramey
Angler

Post by Jim Ramey » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:13 pm

Looked up the tax information at the Pierce County Assesors office. The name and address is Henley's Enterprizes Inc. 40718 S. Silver Lake Rd E. Eatonville, WA 98328. The large lot and house on the corner is parcel #7625000020. The resort and cabins across the road are tax parcel 7625000010.

Had called the real estate company, asking 1.6 million American dollars.

Was a bit intimidated by the Emerald City Towing signs on the house fence. Suppose by the time a tow truck makes it down from their company in Seattle likely to have finished fishing? By the county tax map S. Silver Lake Rd E. is a public road. Likely why the "no trespassing" signs are plastered along both sides of the road that ends at the boat launch. Not across the pavement.

Hope this helps,
Jim Ramey