Where to Go For Trout This Weekend?

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
No_Bad_Skunks
Petty Officer

Where to Go For Trout This Weekend?

Post by No_Bad_Skunks » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:55 am

Any suggestions? ( I'm in the PDX area )

skhan
Angler

RE:Where to Go For Trout This Weekend?

Post by skhan » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:50 pm

I too, am looking for some place cooler to camp and fish at next week. Am considering Black Lake near Olympia,WA. I've read that the cutthroats should be out this time of year. Anyone with firsthand experience?
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lotech Joe
Commodore

Post by Lotech Joe » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:24 am

If I had my druthers, I'd be camped at Big Hank on the North Fork of the Coeur d' Alene. Or Tin Can Flats on the St. Joe. Fly rod in one hand and Bug-Off in the other.
Both in northern Idaho.
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Where you go is less important than how you get there.
Fish With A Friend
Lotech Joe

BassinBomber
Admiral

Post by BassinBomber » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:06 am

Hey Skunks,..Battleground near Vancouver has been lightin up with RBT,..camping is good too,..check it out,..not too far from you either! BB
"Passion-4-Bassin"

Alfredosauce
Petty Officer

Post by Alfredosauce » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:37 am

ive seen fish caught all week at BG lake, but havent been able to pull any in myself, do you have a boat or are you bank bound like me? if you have a boat your chances are alot better at battleground
"To my father, the highest commandment was to do whatever his sons wanted him to do, especially if it meant to go fishing."

"A fisherman, though, takes a hangover as a matter of course - after a couple of hours of fishing, it goes away, all except the dehydration, but then he is standing all day in water."

zen leecher aka Bill W
Captain

Post by zen leecher aka Bill W » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:18 am

If it was me I'd pick one of the local lowland lakes where the weather is hot and troll rapalas about 20 feet deep. :thumright

Bruce Nelson
Petty Officer

Post by Bruce Nelson » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:09 am

I've heard Swift Reservoir above Merwin is finally kicking out rainbows.

Bruce Nelson

Jordan
Lieutenant

Post by Jordan » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:09 pm

if you are willing to go to the East side of the state Rufus Woods is doing well! sinking fly line with woolly buggers.. from a boat... Bridgeport state park is and excellent place to camp
Ozzie

"Do what you like. Like what you do."

<><

Dillpepsi123
Petty Officer

Post by Dillpepsi123 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:54 pm

hey i just caught two nice ones at BGL. I would advise it though unless you have a boat or some floatation device. Now if your up for it swift reservoir is the place to go in skamania county about 20 or more miles past woodland. Oh man its great fishing just off the dam, you can use anything. They stock it with over 60,000 RB every year so its always loaded!

TheOne
Warrant Officer

Post by TheOne » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:48 pm

Dillpepsi123 wrote:hey i just caught two nice ones at BGL. I would advise it though unless you have a boat or some floatation device. Now if your up for it swift reservoir is the place to go in skamania county about 20 or more miles past woodland. Oh man its great fishing just off the dam, you can use anything. They stock it with over 60,000 RB every year so its always loaded!
60,000 rainbow trout ....dang dude thats a bunch of fish.allright im going to be headed up to BGL next month b4 summer ends to get some camping/fishing time in.ive been lacking l8ly
''Treat people and animals the way you would want to be treated''
catch and release!! ~Dont worry about me and what i do.worry about your own self~

Kokonuts
Warrant Officer

Post by Kokonuts » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:05 am

Never Fished at Swift but I am going to take the boat up soon. Whats the hot set up?
Where ever I go........There I am!

David Hert
Petty Officer

Post by David Hert » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:37 am

skhan wrote:I too, am looking for some place cooler to camp and fish at next week. Am considering Black Lake near Olympia,WA. I've read that the cutthroats should be out this time of year. Anyone with firsthand experience?
If you're looking for a higher lake that doesn't see a whole lot of attention and has decent fishing in it, give Bear Lake in Yakima County. It's an alpine lake on the East Slope of the Central Cascades. I would definately stop by the Naches Ranger Station and pick up a Forest Service map though, it's a pretty rough drive up 14 miles of forest service road.