sockeye salmon fishing

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
sven2k5
Petty Officer

sockeye salmon fishing

Post by sven2k5 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:49 pm

I just recently moved here to WA and was wondering about the sockeye salmon fishing in lake Washington. When does it start? Do I need a boat or can I fish from the shore? What is a good setup to fish with either from shore or boat?

Thanks for some feedback.

jd39
Commander

Re: sockeye salmon fishing

Post by jd39 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:46 pm

It hasn't been opened for awhile now, ~97k forecast doesn't look good but early counts are good. Need over 300k, not holding my breath, sorry to be a bummer man. Hope i'm wrong! Baker lake will have a fishery though, trolling is the most common method, if they're in the area could probably be caught from shore, big if though. You can catch salmon/steelhead from the bank on rivers, this site has good information on that, so does steelheaduniversity. Good luck!
p.s. if you haven't already, get the regs, there are a lot to follow.

obryan214
Commander

Re: sockeye salmon fishing

Post by obryan214 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:00 am

fishing in lake washington most people seem to troll red hooks about 12-15 inches behind a flasher. its worked great for me. hope a season happens this year.