What lakes near Everett are hitting?

Talk all about trout here.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
DannyLeslie
Warrant Officer

What lakes near Everett are hitting?

Post by DannyLeslie » Wed May 30, 2012 12:57 pm

Silver Lake has slowed down way to much for my liking. Its been 3 trips since I have caught anything there. I am wondering if Martha Lake or Thomas Lake are hitting? I dont see any reports for Thomas Lake at all so no way to know that one. Anyone fished either of these lately?
Fishing is more than life. It's a passion.

2012 Season Stats

Silvers-0
Kings-0
Sockeye-1
Steelhead-0
Sea Run Cutthroat-2
Trout-39

rcthepirate
Lieutenant

Re: What lakes near Everett are hitting?

Post by rcthepirate » Wed May 30, 2012 1:28 pm

I live right by Thomas Lake, and I'm pretty sure it's on private property and therefore closed to fishing. It's really small anyways, more a pond than a lake.

rcthepirate
Lieutenant

Post by rcthepirate » Wed May 30, 2012 1:45 pm

Actually, just found out it's owned by the Estates at Thomas Lake Homeowners Association. So definitely private property, however, not sure that it would be strictly enforced. I might see if I could make an early morning venture down there with my pontoon boat one of these days to check it out.

mitchard
Petty Officer

Post by mitchard » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:19 am

Lake Howard in Stanwood (Just a bit northwest of Goodwin) has been great for Rainbows. Public launch and very low traffic. We have been limiting out 3-4 people in a couple hours. Just bottom fishing powerbait along the shore. Lots of 8"ers, but we have been pulling out at least two 20"+ each time. Pretty fish too. Not bad eating at all.

I guess there are bass in there as well, but we haven't put any effort into that yet.

TroutSnipr
Commander

Post by TroutSnipr » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:18 am

I was at Lake Thomas 2 weeks ago. DEFINITELY no trout anywhere you are going to get and you would need to carry your pontoon boat over a gate and about 100 yards to even get to the first section of water that is not even connected to the lake proper.

I've been skunked from shore the last 3 times I've been to Martha Lake (the one near Alderwood). People trolling still seem to be hitting. I think I'm going to head to Gissberg Ponds either this afternoon or Tuesday depending on the weather.
Lamiglas G1307/Pflueger Arbor 7435
Berkley A949MH/Pflueger Arbor 7440
Damiki Angel EX S662ML/Pflueger President 6930
Denali Jadewood JS782FR/Pflueger President 6935
Abu Garcia Vendetta VTS706/Pflueger President XT 6730
Quantum EXO-PT/US Reels Hibdon 800

dutchman2858
Commander

Post by dutchman2858 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:04 am

Saw a guy killin' the "trips" at Gissberg the other day...15-16 inch fish on EVERY cast with a small silver Kastmaster right from the right hand corner by the parking lot! He said he had a school right in front of him, so I'm suspect of a recent plant. Took his 5 fish and went home in about 10 minutes. Said he was driving by and saw a lot of surface activity so stopped and threw the spoon. Hope you get into them too!

mitchard
Petty Officer

Post by mitchard » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:09 am

I think I saw someone say that Gissberg was stocked on the 13th of this month. So its probably plump and ready to go.

TroutSnipr
Commander

Post by TroutSnipr » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:51 am

Yesterday it wasn't hitting. I caught one of the 358 16" triploids they planted on the 13th and only saw 1 other fish taken from shore amongst the 20 or so people I saw fishing. The guy trolling blades and a wedding ring only picked up what looked like 4 small stockers in the 6 hours I was there. Now if the weather stays relatively nice and stable for a few days it may pick up substantially. I plan on hitting it again sometime this weekend
Lamiglas G1307/Pflueger Arbor 7435
Berkley A949MH/Pflueger Arbor 7440
Damiki Angel EX S662ML/Pflueger President 6930
Denali Jadewood JS782FR/Pflueger President 6935
Abu Garcia Vendetta VTS706/Pflueger President XT 6730
Quantum EXO-PT/US Reels Hibdon 800

mitchard
Petty Officer

Post by mitchard » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:20 am

I might do the same. I haven't fished there since I was young. Mixed reports are good enough for me. :cheers:

nickknows
Angler

Post by nickknows » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:02 am

Why dont you try lake stickney it has always been good for me its south three blocks or so from 128th st I caught three today rainbows 12_13 inchers lots of bites and good times to be had by all maybe I'll see you there [thumbsup]