Cabelas Musky?

Dedicated to the pursuit of the Noble Muskellunge.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Teal101
Warrant Officer

Cabelas Musky?

Post by Teal101 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:41 am

Have they put the Musky in the public tanks yet? I'll be headed over there next weekend and it would be awesome to see them in the tanks. Thanks.

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

RE:Cabelas Musky?

Post by Rich McVey » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:10 am

This is what I just found out about it.

Note from Mark Wells:

Cabelas tiger muskies are now in the aquarium!!!
Yep, the tiger muskies Cascade Musky Association contributed to Cabelas are now swimming in the warmwater(spiny ray)aquarium.
I was just informed last night that the transfer was going to take place from the quarantine tank to the aquarium after store hours.
Get down there and have a look folks.

I also just talked to Ethan, there are 3 in the aquarium right now. Lights are off so they can adjust.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:11 am

:-# :-" :cheers:
Attachments
2008020.jpg
2008020.jpg (58.9 KiB) Viewed 3700 times

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:30 am

So much for the other fish in the tank...........
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

Dex
Lieutenant

Post by Dex » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:21 pm

Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
President
Chapter 57, Muskies Inc.
NW TIGER PAC

http://www.nwtigermuskies.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Teal101
Warrant Officer

Post by Teal101 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:36 pm

Looks like I'll go ahead and take a peak at these lil buggers next weekend:cheers:

mtsiview
Petty Officer

Post by mtsiview » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:44 pm

[-x
RaMcVey wrote:This is what I just found out about it.

Note from Mark Wells:

Cabelas tiger muskies are now in the aquarium!!!
Yep, the tiger muskies Cascade Musky Association contributed to Cabelas are now swimming in the warmwater(spiny ray)aquarium.
I was just informed last night that the transfer was going to take place from the quarantine tank to the aquarium after store hours.
Get down there and have a look folks.

I also just talked to Ethan, there are 3 in the aquarium right now. Lights are off so they can adjust.
=d&gt]should[/u] be pissed off are the ones that have been mislead by the quote from Mark Wells, insinuating that CMA was solely responsible for contributing the muskies to Cabelas. The only people that will be pissed off , for sure, are those that have had any part in this ridiculous claim and have suddenly realized that they have egg on thier faces!

[-x Tell us Ray, just how did CMA contribute WDFW property to Cabelas? I didn't know that CMA had the authority to purchase fish or eggs from out of state, the facilities to grow them in, or or the authority to give them to private parties for public display. Does the CMA have a permit to own, raise or freely distribute any type of wildlife that is not native the the State of Washington?

I commend the CMA for any contributions that they may have made, supporting the musky programs that are currently in place with the WDFW. At the same time, I find it hard to believe that they were directly involved in the procurement of the actual eggs, or the rearing of the actual frye that grew into the fish that are on display at Cabelas.

As sportsmen, and fishermen, we all contribute to each and every program that the WDFW chooses to facilitate, so for any members or officers of the Cascade Musky Association, to make the bold statement that they individually, or the CMA, were solely responsible for getting the musky introduced into the tanks at Cabelas, is nothing more than a deceptive, misleading statement that can only be construed as another attempt at making someone feel important.
I worry about belonging to a club that accepts people like me as members!

Ski
Petty Officer

Post by Ski » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:50 am

Once again, I see some have resorted to childish, romper room tactics to discredit or belittle someone.

I recommend you give the WDFW or Cabela's a call and find out for yourself who (specific individual) initiated the concept and idea to donate the fish, how the coordination and transfer occured, and finally, who saw this through to the end to ensure it happened? Did CMA procure and purchase the eggs to raise the fish? Did we provide the tanks or water neccessary to grow them? Do we have a special license to raise fish? Of course not! And we never claimed to. Without Mark Wells and CMA, the fish would not be in the tank to promote the fishery and educate people on the species. We will take credit for what Mark Wells first posted on Wafish.com:

"Cascade Musky Association in cooporation with the WDFW, donated tiger muskies to Cabelas today. Sounds pretty simple but it's actually been an ongoing project since last summer. After the Lk Tapps stocking today, myself and Todd Reis followed Steve Caromile(WDFW)to Cabelas to 'hand off' 4 lil tigers to Ethan Evans(Aquarium manager)."

It is embarrassing at the lengths some people will go to to discredit Mark Wells and CMA. Not once has CMA tried to post or publically say anything negative about CH 57. Some of you are simply a disgrace to fishing and sportsmanship in general. If you put half the effort into working together with us instead of bashing Mark Wells and CMA, we would have two of the best Musky organizations in the US. Instead, many outsiders see both organizations as a joke who can't settle school yard differences. Get over it already!!!

Big D

Post by Big D » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:02 am

I smell another forum lock a brewing. Why can’t we all just get along?
Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.
Fair Winds & Following Seas.
Big D

fishingboy
Commander

Post by fishingboy » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:03 am

wait????? the musky tank in lacey? that cabelas?
Largemouth:

PB: 6 pounds

2011: 6 Pounds

Smallmouth:

PB: 5 pounds

2011: 4 lbs

Misselley
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Misselley » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:09 am

I think credit should be given where due. WDFW, Cabelas, and CMA made this possible, kudos to all three. I can't wait to go see the little guys.
Ellen McVey

Field Designs, Sponsor
www.FieldCustomDesigns.com
Cascade Musky Association.

Rich McVey
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Rich McVey » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:15 am

fishingboy wrote:wait????? the musky tank in lacey? that cabelas?
They are in the "Spiney Ray Tank" at the Lacey Cabelas.

Dex
Lieutenant

Post by Dex » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:36 pm

OK, maybe I was not clear......

I have no problem with the envolvment of Mark Well or the fact that he is with CMA. I could care less !!!! What I was trying to point out was I didn't like the fact that no where is his statment was any credit givin to WDFW for coming though on this task.

The facts are that this was started over a year ago with Mark trying work though a musky farm back east. If i remember corredtly for one reason or another that feel though. After many, many trips to Cabelas and phone call the WDFW stepped up and donated these 4 fish to the tank. I think that pretty damn close to what happened.

True statment Ski:
"Cascade Musky Association in cooporation with the WDFW, donated tiger muskies to Cabelas today.

Again I'm sure part of this was my fault in not making myself clear and for that I sorry. #-o I was not trying to bash CMA or Mark in a public forum. I just thought his post was misleading and not giving the proper credit to how made this happen.

Not that any of you really care, but I like the that Ski wrote it up...

N. Dillon
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
President
Chapter 57, Muskies Inc.
NW TIGER PAC

Ski
Petty Officer

Post by Ski » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:16 pm

Norm,

Although I disagree with your post, it was mtsiview's post that required my response. At least your post was not vulgar, childish and a personal attack on Mark or CMA. Honestly Norm, I didn't even know Dex was you.

I really don't know who mtsiview is but it seems like it could be Rich Dilling. If it is, I feel sorry him. I always thought he was a great guy and enjoyed his participation at the past tourneys. If it is not you Rich, I apologize and still feel sorry for a very insecure, childish antagonist that calls him/herself mtsiview.

Norm, I respect your view and the way it was posted; although it was provoking, at least it wasn't hostile. I do believe you should check the facts and also consider what CH 57 would say if they did all the work Mark and CMA did. I think your group would have done the same thing out of the hard work and pride - not to be misleading or steal credit as mtsiview purported.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

muskyhunter28
Petty Officer

Post by muskyhunter28 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:06 pm

I am done, this is stupid!
Musky clubs fighting with Musky clubs! over who put fish in a tank!
I no what I am going to do. I am going to start a Musky gang.......... That's right a Musky Gang!!
Were gonna be cool, and were going to hang up the same fliers the other two Musky clubs already hung up, But we are going to wright our MUSKY GANGS name on them......... Were also gonna have tournaments, the same weekend the other clubs have tournaments! You guys thought there was a rumble now!!!
This Sunday school!
Musky Gangs coming!

Instead of the two clubs fighting each other why don't you guys work together to get **** done and educate the people of the Great State of Washington about Muskies!

Or you all could act like kids and keep doing what your doing! And waste your members money!
Either way if anyone needs me I am at Mayfield fishing for Musky till June 14!!!
Feel free to join me, I don't care what club you roll with!I am about fishing!
~ Captain Don Hempler Tour Guides ~

Dex
Lieutenant

Post by Dex » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:13 pm

I gotta ask bro.

Whats the name of your "gang". I know you have one in mind...LOL
:batman:

PS.
Hey next time ask we first before you give away my seat :colors:

muskyhunter28 wrote:I am done, this is stupid!
Musky clubs fighting with Musky clubs! over who put fish in a tank!
I no what I am going to do. I am going to start a Musky gang.......... That's right a Musky Gang!!
Were gonna be cool, and were going to hang up the same fliers the other two Musky clubs already hung up, But we are going to wright our MUSKY GANGS name on them......... Were also gonna have tournaments, the same weekend the other clubs have tournaments! You guys thought there was a rumble now!!!
This Sunday school!
Musky Gangs coming!

Instead of the two clubs fighting each other why don't you guys work together to get **** done and educate the people of the Great State of Washington about Muskies!

Or you all could act like kids and keep doing what your doing! And waste your members money!
Either way if anyone needs me I am at Mayfield fishing for Musky till June 14!!!
Feel free to join me, I don't care what club you roll with!I am about fishing!

Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
President
Chapter 57, Muskies Inc.
NW TIGER PAC

muskyhunter28
Petty Officer

Post by muskyhunter28 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:31 pm

My Gangs name is........Musky Liberation Front (MLF)
We will take the waters of the Pacific Northwest!!!!! By Force if need be....... Every member of MLF will receive 140 virgins after they die and go to paradise!
IN YO FACE (IS>>>) I GIVE MY FOLLOWERS DOUBLE THE VIRGINS!
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Captain Don Hempler Tour Guides ~

Dex
Lieutenant

Post by Dex » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:34 pm

Hahahahaaa.....

I knew that was coming.
President
Chapter 57, Muskies Inc.
NW TIGER PAC

mtsiview
Petty Officer

Post by mtsiview » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:49 pm

[quote="Ski"]Norm,

Although I disagree with your post, it was mtsiview's post that required my response. At least your post was not vulgar, childish and a personal attack on Mark or CMA. Honestly Norm, I didn't even know Dex was you.

I really don't know who mtsiview is but it seems like it could be Rich Dilling. If it is, I feel sorry him. I always thought he was a great guy and enjoyed his participation at the past tourneys. If it is not you Rich, I apologize and still feel sorry for a very insecure, childish antagonist that calls him/herself mtsiview.

Norm, I respect your view and the way it was posted]

Ski,

At least your post was not vulgar, childish and a personal attack on Mark or CMA.First of all, I was not launching a personal attack on either Mark Wells or CMA. If it came across as such, I apologize. Mark Wells was quoted, by Ray, not myself. If he did , in fact, make the statement that Ray quoted, then someone should be able to come up with some sort of proof that CMA was the sole contributor of the muskies at Cabelas, after all, he did not mention anyone else in the quote, or he was mis-quoted. If this was an oversite on his part, or if I totally read it wrong, again I apologize. I think that everyone that purchased a license this year contributed to their procurement, and placement. I think that the WDFW deserves the biggest hand of all because without them pushing this program forward, we would all be fishing trout. They were not given this recognition.

Norm, I respect your view and the way it was posted; although it was provoking, at least it wasn't hostile. I do not believe that I was being hostile, merely demanding clarification of what was being said and what possible truths could back up such a statement. As an officer of CMA, Marks statements, verbally or in writing, reflect directly on the club as a whole. All posts, particularly quotes, should be scrutinized for complete accuracy prior to posting so the general public will not read something into it that is not intended. Mark is a great guy and has done a lot for the sport of musky fishing, and other types of fishing as well. For this, he deserves all of the recognition that he has earned.

The fact that you and I disagree on the statement that Mark was quoted on, is exactly what these forums are designed to discuss. Asking questions as to the validity of statements that are posted should not imply that an attack is being made on anyone. If you can't have a discussion like this without resorting to name calling, maybe you should not post replies because aren't you an officer in the club also? What kind of representation is that? The forum is also a place that Mark could rebutt my post himself, if he feels that I have misunderstood his intent. Although, it's probably nice to have someone like you to speak for him.

At least your post was not vulgar.
As for my post being vulgar, I only used the word "pissed" because it was referring to a statement that DEX made in his post. I thought you would figure out that it meant that someone might get mad, not the literal meaning of the term. I will certainly try to keep my posts more G rated, and to the point, in the future. This should help avoid any further confusion.

I think your group would have done the same thing out of the hard work and pride. It is totally irrelevent as to what chapter 57 would, or would not do. I was, an am currently speaking to this issue on my own behalf, not as a member of Chapter 57. I have nothing bad to say about CMA and personally think that the forming of the CMA was a good thing. Not everyone is going to totally agree with how any organization is run. When more than one club is in existance, people have a choice. People need choices. I think we all have the same goals in mind and I want to stress again, my post was not an attack on CMA or it's principles. I was merely stating that credit should be given where credit is due and that I felt the statement that was posted fell short of accomplishing this task.

Hopefully, one day, everyone will stop thinking that the two clubs need to compete at everything they attempt to accomplish, and that they will be able to unite in their efforts to promote the musky fishery.

I hope to see you and Mark on the water someday so we can continue this conversation without boring everyone else.

Mtsiview
I worry about belonging to a club that accepts people like me as members!

swedefish4life1
Admiral

Post by swedefish4life1 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:00 pm

#-o Next:-# and who really cares, cry towels and buckets sent:-&

Group hug:-$ and pass the butter:cheers:

The Popcorn is Roasted!:thumbdown 8-[ :thumleft: