Chapter 57 Curlew Lk Musky Tourney

Dedicated to the pursuit of the Noble Muskellunge.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Deadeyemark
Commander

Chapter 57 Curlew Lk Musky Tourney

Post by Deadeyemark » Sun May 25, 2008 8:36 pm

May 31st Curlew Lake Chapter 57 musky tournament. Also, don't forget the pot luck on Sat nite for all that are staying till Sun. I'm hoping to see a lot of our Chapter members there.
To those of you that are not members, it's not to late to join. This is the best bunch of folks around when it comes to spending a day on the water.
Share The Thrill,
Practice Catch & Release
Mark

Fishing, Fun & Camaraderie
http://cascademuskyassociation.com/
Dedicated to the Tiger Musky Fishery of the Pacific Northwest

Ducktail Lures
Bikini Baits
Stan Durst Custom Lure Painting
Charlie's Leaders
Northwest Sportsman Magazine

Riverman
Petty Officer

RE:Chapter 57 Curlew Lk Musky Tourney

Post by Riverman » Sun May 25, 2008 8:50 pm

Hope you guys hit em up there Mark.........sounds like fun to me! Pray for good weather..........get that one that I missed last year would ya?

Jed

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Sun May 25, 2008 8:58 pm

Who's cooking? I would but I'll be on a liquid dinner:-"

chironomid_guy
Petty Officer

Post by chironomid_guy » Mon May 26, 2008 7:30 am

Kewel........... maybe I should get my butt down there and take some lessons. When I was there last weekend, I didnt even see a Tiger (We certainly searched big time), let alone catch one. Kevin, can you send me a link for more info? Thanx
The Chironomid Guy

KUP
Commander

Post by KUP » Mon May 26, 2008 11:46 am

Sure 'nuff, deadeye is right. They are a fun bunch & all about having a hoot of a good time and hanging out with fellow muskie nuts. Good about sharing the info that works, too, as you can tell by the posts on this forum, right on.
What the heck, come join us, Trout Cowboy, tollefs and pikenmuskiegirl! Drive on up fish4brains and ProAngler'sDaughter!
Gone Fishn & chironomid_guy, you KNOW folks are coming from the eastside as well as all over (can you say... Vancouver!)

The plan calls for expanding Muskies Inc. to a Chapter on the Spokane side, hopefully next year, so lets see how many
folks want to jump in early.
These 'Ski Tournaments are not like reg. T.'s. These are fun and educational and you do not need to be a pro to join in the fun. Deadeye can send you all you need to know about participating.

It'd be good to meet more of the eastside esox fans!

Just talked to Sandi at Fisherman's Cove ( to check on weather) and she says they have 2 cabins left for next Fri/Sat, one big & 1 little, so email /call her today if you are interested. Tiffany's also has cabins and there is camping at Curlew Lake State Park. Fisherman's Cove has some boats w/motors to rent, that are just fine.
Tiger Muskies are sterile.
You can't keep them under 50 inches:
Let them do their job: Eating N.P.Minnows

Deadeyemark
Commander

Post by Deadeyemark » Mon May 26, 2008 6:51 pm

kevinb wrote:Who's cooking? I would but I'll be on a liquid dinner:-"

Kevin,
This is Potluck on Saturday evening. I'm guessing that if you opt not to bring a dish to pass that you could put about $10 in the coffee can to cover yourself. That goes for anyone but I'd rather see a variety of food to choose from.
Share The Thrill,
Practice Catch & Release
Mark

Ducktail Lures
Bikini Baits
Charlie's Leaders

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Mon May 26, 2008 6:57 pm

Deadeyemark wrote:
kevinb wrote:Who's cooking? I would but I'll be on a liquid dinner:-"

Kevin,
This is Potluck on Saturday evening. I'm guessing that if you opt not to bring a dish to pass that you could put about $10 in the coffee can to cover yourself. That goes for anyone but I'd rather see a variety of food to choose from.
I wonder about you guys from the Northwoods:-" Its a joke.....

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Mon May 26, 2008 7:24 pm

chironomid_guy wrote:Kewel........... maybe I should get my butt down there and take some lessons. When I was there last weekend, I didnt even see a Tiger (We certainly searched big time), let alone catch one. Kevin, can you send me a link for more info? Thanx
I'm hoping Deadeyemark can give you some better info..

I'll try getting you something here.....

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Tue May 27, 2008 1:47 pm

KUP wrote:Sure 'nuff, deadeye is right. They are a fun bunch & all about having a hoot of a good time and hanging out with fellow muskie nuts. Good about sharing the info that works, too, as you can tell by the posts on this forum, right on.
What the heck, come join us, Trout Cowboy, tollefs and pikenmuskiegirl! Drive on up fish4brains and ProAngler'sDaughter!
Gone Fishn & chironomid_guy, you KNOW folks are coming from the eastside as well as all over (can you say... Vancouver!)

The plan calls for expanding Muskies Inc. to a Chapter on the Spokane side, hopefully next year, so lets see how many
folks want to jump in early.
These 'Ski Tournaments are not like reg. T.'s. These are fun and educational and you do not need to be a pro to join in the fun. Deadeye can send you all you need to know about participating.

It'd be good to meet more of the eastside esox fans!

Just talked to Sandi at Fisherman's Cove ( to check on weather) and she says they have 2 cabins left for next Fri/Sat, one big & 1 little, so email /call her today if you are interested. Tiffany's also has cabins and there is camping at Curlew Lake State Park. Fisherman's Cove has some boats w/motors to rent, that are just fine.
I'm echoing this.
Todd and I are headed out in the morning and thus will be unable to reply to questions about membership and/or the Curlew event. Anyone interested in joining up contact KUP,Deadeyemark.
Its not to late!!!
See you guy and gals over there.:cheers: :salut:
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue May 27, 2008 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

muskyhunter
Captain

Post by muskyhunter » Tue May 27, 2008 4:58 pm

Hey kids,
Just so all you guys and girls on the Eastside know this Tourney is for all Members of the Chapter. I have heard that there a few of you over there. You all can join up at the event.I am the Membership Director, I will be bringing applications with me for those who want to join. Or you can go to the Muskies Inc website and do it online. It will give you a printable receipt and you are in. I just renewed mine today... If I can do it you can do it too!! Or pm me I'll get back to you. Do it today,tonight. Because I'm heading over the hill Wednesday morning to fish Silver Lake.
Ultimately there is plenty of room for growth for Muskies Inc. Hopefully soon, the Eastside fishermen/women can create a Chapter. You can do it! But in the mean time join Chapter 57...check us out, you will find we are all very similar..CRAZY...And we all love this sport and love to fish this incredible creature....See ya' ll on Curlew Lake....
Todd Reis
Prostaff Auburn Sports & Marine
Musky Team
www.auburnsportsmarineinc.com
Fish Country Sporting Goods

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Tue May 27, 2008 7:46 pm

muskyhunter wrote:Hey kids,
Just so all you guys and girls on the Eastside know this Tourney is for all Members of the Chapter. I have heard that there a few of you over there. You all can join up at the event.I am the Membership Director, I will be bringing applications with me for those who want to join. Or you can go to the Muskies Inc website and do it online. It will give you a printable receipt and you are in. I just renewed mine today... If I can do it you can do it too!! Or pm me I'll get back to you. Do it today,tonight. Because I'm heading over the hill Wednesday morning to fish Silver Lake.
Ultimately there is plenty of room for growth for Muskies Inc. Hopefully soon, the Eastside fishermen/women can create a Chapter. You can do it! But in the mean time join Chapter 57...check us out, you will find we are all very similar..CRAZY...And we all love this sport and love to fish this incredible creature....See ya' ll on Curlew Lake....

C'mon folks....:cheers: Good people,good fishing and good times:cheers:

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Tue May 27, 2008 9:02 pm

kevinb wrote:
muskyhunter wrote:Hey kids,

C'mon folks....:cheers: Good people,good fishing and good times:cheers:

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Wed May 28, 2008 8:06 am

I know I'm pounding this into the ground. But I've gotten a few e-mails about this.
If you are heading to the Curlew event,YOU MUST BE A MEMBER I would hate to see someone drive up there and then find out. You can still join us but hurry. Todd(muskyhunter)will have a few membership apps. onsite at Curlew.
Any questions should go to Deadeyemark or KUP.
I look forward to seeing you guys and gals over there.
As always BE SAFE AND ENJOY

Kevin
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed May 28, 2008 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Deadeyemark
Commander

Post by Deadeyemark » Wed May 28, 2008 4:22 pm

Yes, this is a Muskies Inc, Chapter 57, NW Tiger Pac members only musky tournament.

You can join via the Muskies Inc website but bring confirmation with you.

Also, Muskyhunter will have membership applications at Curlew so you can join there also.

Hope to see you there. It's gonna be a great time.
Share The Thrill,
Practice Catch & Release
Mark

Ducktail Lures
Bikini Baits
Charlie's Leaders

Don Wittenberger
Commander

Post by Don Wittenberger » Thu May 29, 2008 12:48 am

I won't be at Curlew as I'm attending a lawyers' conference this weekend, but I'm planning to fish Merwin on Monday and Tuesday.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu May 29, 2008 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PDXFisher
Petty Officer

Post by PDXFisher » Thu May 29, 2008 9:28 am

Don Wittenberger wrote:I won't be at Curlew as I'm attending a lawyers' conference this weekend, but I'm planning to fish Merwin on Monday and Tuesday.
And you're questioning hanging out with *us* folk? You're ditching us for a pack of lawyers? We see where your loyalties truly lie...:cyclopsan

Don Wittenberger
Commander

Post by Don Wittenberger » Thu May 29, 2008 11:47 am

It's complicated ...

Deadeyemark
Commander

Post by Deadeyemark » Thu May 29, 2008 9:44 pm

Don,
Good luck down at Merwin. Could be good.
Share The Thrill,
Practice Catch & Release
Mark

Ducktail Lures
Bikini Baits
Charlie's Leaders