Sportsmans Show

Dedicated to the pursuit of the Noble Muskellunge.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Rosann G
Commander

Sportsmans Show

Post by Rosann G » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:50 am

Hey guys and gals the NW TigerPac Muskies Inc. chapter has a booth at the Sportsmans Show this year. Stop by and say hello. It would be great to put some faces with all of your names/nicknames. Toni stopped by today and said hi. It was fun to get to visit with you Toni.
Rosann
Ever have a Tiger by the tail? I have!
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

Dr Hook
Petty Officer

RE:Sportsmans Show

Post by Dr Hook » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:41 am

I was nice meeting you all, especially KUP who took time out to look me up at the show. That replica you have at the booth is impressive!
St Croix Rods
Frabill Prostaff
Folbe Rod holders
Cannon Downriggers

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:55 pm

It scared me. I keep hearing the Jaws music. My what big teeth you have. But if I hooked one I would probably be hooked in more ways than the Gami. Nice meeting you, too. All of you that I met at the Show.
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

muskyhunter
Captain

Post by muskyhunter » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:37 am

Hey folks,
Here is a photo of the two First Ladies of Chapter 57 at the Sportsmans show. Janurary 23rd. Com on down and visit our booth. In the North Expo Center. Great raffle for only a buck. $500 Sportsmans warehouse gift certificate,100 gallons of fuel from APP, an inflatable lifejacket and two others...come on down!!
Attachments
ebay_new_pix.jpg
ebay_new_pix.jpg (371.28 KiB) Viewed 2731 times
Todd Reis
Prostaff Auburn Sports & Marine
Musky Team
www.auburnsportsmarineinc.com
Fish Country Sporting Goods

2000subaru
Commander

Post by 2000subaru » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:47 pm

I'll be by this afternoon with Dilbert. Hope to meet a few of you great folks there!

mtsiview
Petty Officer

Post by mtsiview » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:24 am

I stopped by the booth at the show today, Great job mark, Rosann, Bill and the rest of the members that made it happen.
I worry about belonging to a club that accepts people like me as members!

dilbert
Captain

Post by dilbert » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:36 pm

There were about 5 booths at the show that interested me. Muskies inc. was one of them. I finally got some fluorocarbon leaders (wish I had bought more) and some great info, even though Deadeye didn't recognize me. I have some more questions about the leaders, but I'll ask them in another thread later. Great booth!
"I got my swim trunks, And my flippie-floppies
I'm flipping Jigs, you at Kinko's straight flipping copies"

travislikesfishing
Lieutenant

Post by travislikesfishing » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:38 pm

whurs the show at?
KEEP UR LINE TIGHT SO U CAN FEEL THE BITE!!!!!

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:27 pm

It was in Puyallup WA. There will be one in Portland the beginning of Feb. the 6-10.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:42 pm

travislikesfishing wrote:whurs the show at?
It looks like there might be one March 14-17 at the Spokane Fairgrounds, that will feature 240 exhibitors covering the gamut from hunting to fishing to family outdoor adventures.

travislikesfishing
Lieutenant

Post by travislikesfishing » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:27 am

cool thx
KEEP UR LINE TIGHT SO U CAN FEEL THE BITE!!!!!

michaelunbewust
Commander

Post by michaelunbewust » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:56 pm

the one in spokane is huge, and, i believe is part of the "bighorn" show. even if they are separate, they are worth every cent spent on admission. there isnt an empty space out at the ol' fairgrounds, and, the guys running it leave nothing behind. i spent the better part of 2 days last year with my dad and his veteran buddies, and, we didnt see everything. i didnt make it to this local one in puyallup, and, heard it was pretty good, but, would recommend the spokane one to anybody. we are going to carpool over for it, if anyone's interested. marc. m., have you heard anything over there about it??

bad esox
Lieutenant

Post by bad esox » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:19 pm

Wow!

I wanted to take the time to say thanks to all those who stopped by our booth at the "Sportsman Show". I want you to know that I enjoyed speaking with you all. What a great crowd! I saw many "old friends" and made many, many "new ones" as well. I hope to see you at one of our Muskies Inc. Meetings in Federal Way this year. Please "Come On Down" as they say on the Price Is Right! Come learn some more about muskies and also to make some new friendships. I think we have a great group of people in our Chapter and I want you to meet them also.

Thanks to our many Sponsors that helped make our trip to the "Show" possible. Please check out our web page and help support their businesses. This was Muskies Inc., Chapter 57, NW Tiger Pac's first show ever, and we found out just how much work these shows can be! I have to give you guys a hand that do this on a regular basis...great job! I must admit, however, that it was very rewarding to meet so many interested Anglers from all walks of life. It was a great time and enjoyed by all.

Perhaps, one of the coolest things that happened for me at the show was my wife surprised me with a brand new "St. Croix" Muskie Rod for our Anniversary... that we also celebrated at the show! Thanks to the "guys" in the St. Croix booth for helping her pick out the "perfect" Muskie Rod a "Legend Tournament"...This is by far the best rod I have ever owned!!!! You guys rock!!!

I will end this by saying thanks once again to all of those of you who stopped by to "check us out". I would also like to thank the many members of Chapter 57 who donated their time and knowledge to also help make this happen.

Let's all have a great 2008!
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
>----):< A good gamefish is too valuable, to be caught only once.
NW TIGER PAC, Chapter 57 of Muskies, Inc.

gpc
Admiral

Post by gpc » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:47 pm

I stopped by and entered the raffle. The guy I talked to wasnt a member of WA lakes, but he was a really nice guy and I talked to him for a few minutes. There was 3 or 4 people running the booth and I was checking out their name tags but didnt reconize any of the names. I believe thats where I got my sportmans warehouse magnet as well. I cant remember the guys name that I talked to, but like I said he was VERY nice and really knew his tigers, not to mention he was very passionate about muskies. I have plans on attending the april 17th meeting, and will do so unless something comes up. If the club has more members like the man that I talked to, I cant go wrong attending a meeting or 2.

Rosann G
Commander

Post by Rosann G » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:04 am

Sorry I missed you GPC, Dilbert and Subaru and anyone else from here that stopped by the Muskie booth when I wasn't there. I did get to meet Gringo P. , Toni and Dr. Hook and it is always nice to get to put a face with a name from this site, it is full of such nice people. Would have been nice to get to visit a little more but maybe someday somewhere on a lake we will get to.
Rosann
Ever have a Tiger by the tail? I have!
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

2000subaru
Commander

Post by 2000subaru » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:37 am

Rosann G wrote:Sorry I missed you GPC, Dilbert and Subaru and anyone else from here that stopped by the Muskie booth when I wasn't there. I did get to meet Gringo P. , Toni and Dr. Hook and it is always nice to get to put a face with a name from this site, it is full of such nice people. Would have been nice to get to visit a little more but maybe someday somewhere on a lake we will get to.
Rosann
Rosann- Well it's definitely your loss! Just kidding. We enjoyed the show, the booth was excellent, the people were great and very informative. You folks have some very passionate individuals that are spreading the word about the sport. Now if you can only keep them all off of Lake Tapps, so that I have a better chance to catch one!:-"
Chris

KUP
Commander

Post by KUP » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:11 pm

Hi subaru: I know that feeling! But think about this: If we do a great job of TEACHING proper release methods
(proper net, horizontal holds, lightening quick time out of water, angler care around those teeth, not playing them too long, good hook removal & tools) then that WILL increase your chances of catching & releasing one because the mortality rate will go down and that is good for muskie and anlger & WDFW, all.
Hope to see you out on Tapps and I will even show you where I caught my first one.
... ok, ok, so it is my only one ...
LOL... so far!

KOOP
Tiger Muskies are sterile.
You can't keep them under 50 inches:
Let them do their job: Eating N.P.Minnows

2000subaru
Commander

Post by 2000subaru » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:51 pm

You can't have a second without having a first!

HillbillyGeek
Captain

Post by HillbillyGeek » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:02 pm

There will be a sportsmans show @ Monroe in mid-February for those of us who live farther north. :thumright
Piscatory Geekus Maximus

zen leecher aka Bill W
Captain

Post by zen leecher aka Bill W » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:22 pm

Are you Musky clubbers having a booth at the Monroe show? I missed your booth as the Clallam Bay guards were trying to get me to work there. Guess I was right next to you.