New to the Northwest looking for muskies

Dedicated to the pursuit of the Noble Muskellunge.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
musky451
Angler

New to the Northwest looking for muskies

Post by musky451 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:15 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the northwest. I am an avid musky fisherman, looking for a place to fish up here. Most of my previous time has been spent fishing in Wisconsin.

Couple questions.

What lakes in Washington have Tiger Muskies?
Are there any guides you could recommend?

Thanks for any info/advice.

Rosann G
Commander

RE:New to the Northwest looking for muskies

Post by Rosann G » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:17 am

Welcome to the Northwest. Try going to www.nwtigermuskies.com for some great information. We just started the club in May and have been growing ever since. Most of us tiger hunters are very willing to share all our tips and tricks to getting the elusive tiger musky to bite. I don't know if Oregon has any tigers but the closest Washington lake to you that has them is Merwin and I know there are some musky guys down in Vancouver that fish it regularly. Good luck and hope to hear from you again.
Rosann
Ever have a Tiger by the tail? I have!
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

KUP
Commander

Post by KUP » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:14 am

hey, musky451, Rosann is right, check out the web site and I am down in Salem a lot. It is not a bad drive up to Merwin Reservoir from there. I will send you a PM to tell you more, but you are welcome to come to any meeting.
You would be surprised how many former 'Skonsin-ites we have. It is a great bunch of folks and they are happy to share info,too.
Koop
Tiger Muskies are sterile.
You can't keep them under 50 inches:
Let them do their job: Eating N.P.Minnows

Dr Hook
Petty Officer

Post by Dr Hook » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:25 am

musky451 wrote:Hi Guys,

I'm new to the northwest. I am an avid musky fisherman, looking for a place to fish up here. Most of my previous time has been spent fishing in Wisconsin.

Couple questions.

What lakes in Washington have Tiger Muskies?
Are there any guides you could recommend?

Thanks for any info/advice.
Welcome to the Northwest musky451!

If your willing to drive a few hours, a couple lakes that you should defiantly try are Lake Tapps (Pierce Co. WA) and Mayfield Lake (Cowlitz Co. WA). I'm not a guide but I would be happy to show you around, I live within a rocks throw of Tapps with access to a private launch. I also have a spare room if you wanted to stay a couple days. Email or PM me if your interested.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
St Croix Rods
Frabill Prostaff
Folbe Rod holders
Cannon Downriggers

Riverman
Petty Officer

Post by Riverman » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:21 pm

Don't forget spring chinook on the Columbia this spring before the musky fishing gets good. We are expecting a huge chinook return just an hour's drive from where you live.

RM