MinnKota Customer Service

Dedicated to the pursuit of the Noble Muskellunge.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Don Wittenberger
Commander

MinnKota Customer Service

Post by Don Wittenberger » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:38 am

I have a pair of MinnKota AP-65s on my boat (1 bow mount and 1 transom mount), with the bow mount on a MinnKota quick-release mounting plate. Both of these motors have a special thumbscrew made by MinnKota on the depth adjustment collar on the motor shaft, and the quick-release plate also uses that thumbscrew. These thumbscrews are reasonably sturdy and it takes a certain amount of creativity, ingenuity, and dedicated effort to destroy them but I've managed to do so. I couldn't find this part on MinnKota's website, so I called their customer service department, and guess what, they're sending them to me FREE. No shipping charge, no part charge. You don't get service like that from very many companies anymore, so I thought they deserved a mention here.

In case you use MK motors and you're interested in how to get this part, their customer service number is 1-800-277-6433, and the part numbers are 2011365 (for depth adjustment collar) and 2011385 (for quick-release plate), although as far as I can tell it's exactly the same part and is interchangeable between the motor shaft collar and the mounting plate.

I've owned my boat and these motors for 12 years now, and I've had good luck with the MinnKota motors. As a musky fisherman I get into stumps, logs, and rockpiles, so I beat up these motors pretty good and they've occasionally needed repairs. There are 4 MinnKota repair providers in Washington, one in Shoreline (where I live), one in Auburn (south Seattle/north Tacoma), one in Moses Lake, and one in Spokane (also one in nearby Hayden, Idaho). There's also one in Portland, Oregon. You can find them using the dealer locator on MK's website. Overall, I like the product because it's sturdy and reliable, and needless to say I love the customer service!

My boat came from the dealer with Interstate batteries. I usually replace the batteries every 3 years, and after experimenting with other battery brands, I now stick with Interstates exclusively. Others may have different opinions about batteries, but that's mine.

cobrar543
Lieutenant

Re: MinnKota Customer Service

Post by cobrar543 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:34 pm

That is quite amazing. I called, wrote and tried the Chat feature this month and never got an answer. I took mine to Anglers choice in Shoreline. They are great. Even if they keep calling me Doug Morgan. LOL. After telling them its Williams, I just found it easier to answer to it.