Speelyai Reportedly Will Close Sept. 2

Dedicated to the pursuit of the Noble Muskellunge.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Don Wittenberger
Commander

Speelyai Reportedly Will Close Sept. 2

Post by Don Wittenberger » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:17 pm

I've been informed by a source I believe reliable that Speelyai will close Sept. 2 for renovation work. My current understanding is it will not reopen this season. If this information is correct, it means participants in Chapter 57's Merwin tournament on Sept. 6 will have to launch their boats at Cresap.

Update: Here's an excerpt from the Pacific Power press release issued last Thursday:

"PacifiCorp’s popular Speelyai Park on the Merwin Reservoir of the Lewis River will be temporarily closed beginning Sept. 2 until at least mid-December for renovation and significant enhancements. A contractor will completely replace the park’s septic system, construct improvements to the parking lot and the picnic area, and install additional ADA access to benefit all members of the public. The temporary park closure includes the Speelyai boat ramp, but boat launching on Merwin Reservoir can still be accommodated at PacifiCorp’s nearby Cresap Bay Park through the end of September."

For full press release see: https://www.pacificpower.net/about/nr/n ... pctfr.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;