Muskie Lure Collection

Dedicated to the pursuit of the Noble Muskellunge.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Muskie Lure Collection

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:23 am

OK, so my initial Muskie Fever has abated and left me with a collection of E-Bay bought lures. Check them out and tell me what you think. The biggest Believer lure is 10", the Rapalas are 7" I think F-13? I also have a couple unpainted Sebiles 6.5" I may play around with...

OPPS - I forgot to put in the picture, a 8" pearl white Believer one piece with red lip.
muskie-lures.jpg
muskie-lures.jpg (118.38 KiB) Viewed 5467 times

dblood1974
Petty Officer

Re: Muskie Lure Collection

Post by dblood1974 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:39 am

Looking good for the start of an addiction. :) Absolutely love the jointed believers. As you go about feeding your newly found muskie lure fetish, don't forget to stop by http://www.overstockbait.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . They have a fairly significant collection of lures and put on some incredible sales at times.

muskyhunter
Captain

Post by muskyhunter » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:40 pm

Good start Mike..Don't see any bulldawgs in there though. LOL. Way to get started. Proud of you. Todd

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:54 pm

Thx. I also missed two Sebile Magic Swimmer 165s (finished). Too much stuff - now I've got to use it!

cudaman
Warrant Officer

Post by cudaman » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:36 pm

Thats a great start I have a couple of customs for yah ,you need to get a couple of top waters

bad esox
Lieutenant

Post by bad esox » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:36 am

Cuda,

I would just like to say one word about what you are doing...Awesome! I've been watching you take this lure-making from the start, at least for muskies, to where you are today. You are only only getting better each month when I see your work at our NW TIGER PAC meetings.

I would also like to publicly "Thank-You" for all the donations of your handmade-lures that you have made for our chapter raffles... I know from experience that these lures are highly sought after by our members and they are usually the first items to be taken-off the raffle-table each month at our meetings... Keep up the good work Cuda... who knows where it will lead;)

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:34 pm

Like these ones?

Only problem with them is I'd never want to use it and loss it!

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

YJ Guide Service
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by YJ Guide Service » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:09 pm

Dont forget to add a couple Dynamic Lures, the Dynamo and Dynamo LP in the perch or slimmer colors.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:15 pm

YJ Guide Service wrote:Dont forget to add a couple Dynamic Lures, the Dynamo and Dynamo LP in the perch or slimmer colors.
Dang Craig, there goes my bank account. The dark perch was on sale for $7.95. Got one and one slimmer. Getting ready for Silver lake later this year. :cheers:

Don Wittenberger
Commander

Post by Don Wittenberger » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:13 pm

10 lures??? That's all?! Wish I had your restraint. I have 300+. Why no bucktails? You need some bucktails, too. :-k

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:47 am

Don Wittenberger wrote:10 lures??? That's all?! Wish I had your restraint. I have 300+. Why no bucktails? You need some bucktails, too. :-k
just call me a slacker. [glare] I do have one bucktail, won at a Chapter 57 meeting, BTW.

Don Wittenberger
Commander

Post by Don Wittenberger » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:32 pm

Well you need 1 more, in case you lose the one you have, so you'd better buy some more raffle tickets. :-"

Mark K
Lieutenant

Post by Mark K » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:54 pm

You can get bucktails at the store too you know.... Good looking collection Mike, looking forward to a Muskie video possibly this summer?

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:52 am

Mark K wrote:You can get bucktails at the store too you know.... Good looking collection Mike, looking forward to a Muskie video possibly this summer?
Definately! Got a few places on the list, plus some video from Merwin last year. All I need are actual muckies held up by proud anglers. That seems to be the hard part. :-k

dblood1974
Petty Officer

Post by dblood1974 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:38 pm

YJ Guide Service wrote:Dont forget to add a couple Dynamic Lures, the Dynamo and Dynamo LP in the perch or slimmer colors.
Thanks for this recommendation. I ordered a couple of them and....wow....they look great. Can't wait to get them wet.

Thanks again
Darin

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:35 pm

dblood1974 wrote:
Thanks for this recommendation. I ordered a couple of them and....wow....they look great. Can't wait to get them wet.

Thanks again
Darin
Got mine in the mail the other day. Nice looking lures. Did you get the sale price on the dark perch pattern? Crossing my fingers for this year...

dblood1974
Petty Officer

Post by dblood1974 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:56 pm

Yes, the perch pattern is still on sale for 7.95. My daughter is having fun painting lures so I bought 3 of them and plan on letting her paint 1 or 2 of them. :) Only ordered those sale ones originally but after seeing them, I hopped back on and ordered one in slimmer color lipless.

dblood1974
Petty Officer

Post by dblood1974 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:46 pm

Speaking of Lure Collections...I have a question for the Bulldawg lovers out there.

Have you used the Storm / Rapala Thunderbeast?

http://www.rapala.com/ThunderBeast/Thun ... lt,pd.html

If so, how would you rate it compared to Bulldawg?

I haven't seen this thing in the water yet, but they look pretty good.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:41 am

looks good, the only hesitation I would have is, if the tail is not replaceable, the first time it tears, there goes your $20+ lure.

muskyhunter
Captain

Post by muskyhunter » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:23 pm

dblood,
I'm a bit partial to Bulldawgs. I know the guy that owns Musky Innovations. His Dawgs are the best on the market..period! There are a bunch of spin off lures from Tackle Industries..they work. But they're not Dawgs dude. May as well buy the dawgs..close to the same price as those Stormies. Good luck man!