muskie weight calculator

Dedicated to the pursuit of the Noble Muskellunge.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
dlt074
Petty Officer

muskie weight calculator

Post by dlt074 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:30 pm

FYI I made some muskie weight calculators for the iPhone and Mac OS X. they are free and you can find them over here: muskie weight calculator

the OS X one i wrote in my down time in Iraq. the iPhone one i wrote on my down time here in Texas.

there are probably two iPhone users in here and maybe 1 OS X user... however, please let me know what you think. suggestions and feedback is much appreciated.

racfish
Rear Admiral Two Stars

RE:muskie weight calculator

Post by racfish » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:25 pm

I use the how many rule.How many beers are in you when telling the story.
How many guys are there to tell the story to.
How many times the weight of the fish grows with each telling.
When youre up to your rear end in alligators,its hard to remember that the initial plan was to drain the swamp.

dlt074
Petty Officer

Post by dlt074 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:35 pm

LOL i'm very familiar with that formula. maybe i'll add that in the next version.

2000subaru
Commander

Post by 2000subaru » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:41 pm

Any apps for Android?

dougw
Commander

Post by dougw » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:51 pm

Being that Android operates on Linux, I would imagine it not too much trouble to port over from OSX.
President
Chapter 60, Muskies Inc.
Mountain Muskies
http://www.mountainmuskies.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dlt074
Petty Officer

Post by dlt074 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:12 am

no, sorry no Android apps at this time. maybe someday. i'm not apposed to the idea, there just isn't enough free hours in the day at this point.

the iPhone OS runs a version of OS X and therefor is a *nix platform. however, the iPhone apps are made in Cocoa Touch which is Apple proprietary which is based in Obj-C which hardly anyone else uses(as far as i know). both powerful and great to work with... however, not so easy to get on other stuff. :(

dougw
Commander

Post by dougw » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:00 am

I see. Programming is not something I have ever jumped into.... Just know enough to get me into trouble!
President
Chapter 60, Muskies Inc.
Mountain Muskies
http://www.mountainmuskies.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bad esox
Lieutenant

Post by bad esox » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:00 am

dlt074,

That's thinking! great job!!! Who knows what the future holds for a thinkin' man like yourself...pretty cool!
>----):< A good gamefish is too valuable, to be caught only once.
NW TIGER PAC, Chapter 57 of Muskies, Inc.

dlt074
Petty Officer

Post by dlt074 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:45 am

hey thanks!

i have a few ideas that i'll be working on for the fishing community as a whole. however, i want to get MWC to something that looks like a final product. right now it works but isn't polished. i have 1.1 in for approval now and am working on 1.2. once 1.2 is submitted i'll move onto the other projects.

these other projects are mainly to make my life easier once i get out of the army(not supposed to say those words when a 1SG is around. close your eyes Norm) and start musky fishing with the family again. the 2007 musky fishing season was a lot of work and i hope for more of the same in 2013!

speaking of Norm. i call a seat on YOUR boat this year. i'm gonna catch me a monster and you're gonna net him... like old times! LOL