Merwin

Dedicated to the pursuit of the Noble Muskellunge.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Bill G
Petty Officer

Merwin

Post by Bill G » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:51 pm

Ok, how was Merwin? Hope you guys had a great time!
I'm not in the toilet yet, but I'm definitely standing on the rim.

jigman
Petty Officer

RE:Merwin

Post by jigman » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:46 pm

i fished with Brett and we put 5 in the boat and had at least 5 other good hits that didn't get hooked. Mike.

KUP
Commander

Post by KUP » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:36 am

Mike, what a hog fest! Merwin has consistently produced big fish the last few years. Be sure to post that in the Fishing Report, too.
And hurry up and post some pictures of those beauties. It was good to see so many, yes?

Chapter #57's Board of Directors has started a new thing this year:
"Fishing" Board Meetings. :cheers: :cheers:
We combine a fishing trip with the organizational work of the club. It has resulted in Board Meetings getting done in an HOUR :bounce:
And then we get to fish, too. Fantastic way to support the Chapter and each other.
Members reading this: we are always looking for more volunteers, even if it is for a day; always appreciated.

Both Brett and Mike donate a lot to the Chapter. Besides their great day on the water, other volunteers had good
"Fish Karma" too:
Check our our Regional Vice President's karma, below: 47 x 23. Mike Haw's personal best tiger, Saturday, also at Merwin.
WTG, Mike, Brett and Mike
Attachments
MikeH.JPG
MikeH.JPG (76.77 KiB) Viewed 2186 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tiger Muskies are sterile.
You can't keep them under 50 inches:
Let them do their job: Eating N.P.Minnows

Rosann G
Commander

Post by Rosann G » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:45 am

:cheers: Sounds like it was a great day of fishing!!!!!!! Congrats to all.
Ever have a Tiger by the tail? I have!
Aspire to inspire before you expire.

Lucius
Commander

Post by Lucius » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:04 pm

Congrats to all. Especially Mike with your new personal best 47" tiger. What a beast....or should I say gator. You remind me of Crocodile Dundee.

good day mate!!

dlt074
Petty Officer

Post by dlt074 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:30 pm

WOW! NICE FISH! i really miss that lake!

I get to Musky fish this year! That's probably the first place I hit when we get to Merwin. Good thing it's right by the boat launch otherwise i'd probably get distracted. My Net Men(I need two!) will be back from Iraq this month and I can hardly wait to get back up to the PNW and do some Musky fishing!

dougw
Commander

Post by dougw » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:42 pm

Now Mike, THAT IS A TOAD!!! Nice fish. Congratulations!! Sounds like Chapter 57 has a great idea that Chapter 60 might have to borrow!
President
Chapter 60, Muskies Inc.
Mountain Muskies
http://www.mountainmuskies.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cudaman
Warrant Officer

Post by cudaman » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:07 pm

yah it was a good day .And we didnt do to bad mayfield either just didnt stick as many hooks .I'm tying up some bucktails right now and thanks again mike
Nw tiger pac chapter 57

Lucius
Commander

Post by Lucius » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:14 am

cudaman wrote:yah it was a good day .And we didnt do to bad mayfield either just didnt stick as many hooks .I'm tying up some bucktails right now and thanks again mike
Everyone mark you calendars!!! Cudaman finally was able to post on Washingtonlakes.:cheers: =d>

How are you doing stranger? How many did you catch at mayfield? Did you catch any of the 5 mike was talking about?

KUP
Commander

Post by KUP » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:33 am

1. Thank Mike Carey for working the magic to get cudaman back up and running; Good to see yah, cudaman!!
2. Yes, Doug, you guys should use that idea about Fish-In Board Meetings. It is a LOT more fun!
3. dlt074...the lake still whispers your name...and the big girls are waiting. It will be great to see you back in the PNW!
4. That trickle of blood on Mike's 47 incher? Its not fish blood. In the Chinese Firedrill that happens when you have a big toad in the net, Mike forget his glove and she left him something to remember her by. (wink) Fish was released unharmed.
So she's out there still getting bigger.
Game On Tammy:bball: :bball:

BTW, the netman, bad esox, noticed that the lure was broken and he was able to scoop the fish up with the lure barely in her mouth. Timing was critical: check out what she did to the lure:
Attachments
lure.JPG
lure.JPG (69.46 KiB) Viewed 2133 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dex
Lieutenant

Post by Dex » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:58 am

[quote="KUP"]1. Thank Mike Carey for working the magic to get cudaman back up and running]

WHat do you mean "the lake still whispers his name"...[cursing]

I'm assuming thats because the fish arn't scard of him catching anything. Don't worry Bug, I'll take the time to retrain you upon your return....[lol]
President
Chapter 57, Muskies Inc.
NW TIGER PAC

http://www.nwtigermuskies.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KUP
Commander

Post by KUP » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:10 pm

ES :-"
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

dlt074
Petty Officer

Post by dlt074 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:18 pm

Dex wrote:
KUP wrote:1. Thank Mike Carey for working the magic to get cudaman back up and running]

WHat do you mean "the lake still whispers his name"...[cursing]

I'm assuming thats because the fish arn't scard of him catching anything. Don't worry Bug, I'll take the time to retrain you upon your return....[lol]
oh, had to go there didn't ya. LOL! do i have to start posting all the pictures of me with Musky in hand and you in the background holding the net?(that is why you're one of my better net men) even with me NOT fishing in the last two years i'm STILL about 15 musky ahead of you. I have a spread sheet I could post from 2007. it's all good. we'll start fresh this summer. i've still not been on your boat! i've been in a boat HIT by your boat, but not ON your boat. what's this story i've missed about batteries? did I not explain them to you when you bought your boat?