1,790 new baby muskies are cruising around Lake Tapps!

Dedicated to the pursuit of the Noble Muskellunge.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Dex
Lieutenant

RE:1,790 new baby muskies are cruising around Lake Tapps!

Post by Dex » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:04 am

I think the tail thing started soon after they were placed in the tank. I was there just a few days after and it was apparent then that their tail a little messed up. I think most of us have seen this in many of the fish we catch as well.

Who know, Somebody find Brother Bruce and let him know we have a question for him.

ND
President
Chapter 57, Muskies Inc.
NW TIGER PAC

http://www.nwtigermuskies.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bad esox
Lieutenant

RE:1,790 new baby muskies are cruising around Lake Tapps!

Post by bad esox » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:25 pm

Dex,

I have just received some inquires from concerned muskie anglers as of late that the muskies down in the Cabela's tank are looking a little "rough"...serious tail issues etc...possibly too many muskies for the size tank was also a concern...I know Cabela's does have a Biologist looking after the tank perhaps he can get in contact with a Biologist from the WFDW and see if anyone has any answers for this "phenomenon".

I know I have been told before that this can happen when the fish are too crowded at the hatchery early in their lives. This is one reason why the "NW TIGER PAC" donated $2000.00 to the Hatchery in Mesberg last year to purchase another "New" holding tank for the baby muskies. Hopefully, this will help the WDFW to keep any new baby muskies more healthy before they are stocked into our lakes and grow into the trophy fish that they are!
>----):< A good gamefish is too valuable, to be caught only once.
NW TIGER PAC, Chapter 57 of Muskies, Inc.