Curlew is just around the corner....... Hope to see you there

Dedicated to the pursuit of the Noble Muskellunge.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Dex
Lieutenant

Curlew is just around the corner....... Hope to see you there

Post by Dex » Sun May 03, 2009 3:14 pm

Hello all,

I was looking at the calendar today and realized that Curlew is just a few weeks away. I have my cabin, my boat is ready to go and now I just checking off the days. I hope all of you can make it, It's going to be a great time.....

Also, if there is any info, please feel free to post it here.

see you there......:bounce:
President
Chapter 57, Muskies Inc.
NW TIGER PAC

http://www.nwtigermuskies.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ProAngler'sDaughter
Petty Officer

RE:Curlew is just around the corner....... Hope to see you there

Post by ProAngler'sDaughter » Tue May 05, 2009 2:40 pm

I know I'm rip-roaring-ready to go! Of course, I plan to take the first legal (50+") tiger from them there waters!!!

See you all at the lake!

PAD :fish:

Lucius
Commander

Post by Lucius » Tue May 05, 2009 3:48 pm

Hey Dex,
I heard you were fishing the tournament with the Tiger Muskie Master. He already has caught and landed 6 tigers this year. that is 3 times the amount of muskies I caught last year!! I can't wait!!

Dex
Lieutenant

Post by Dex » Tue May 05, 2009 8:41 pm

Lucius wrote:Hey Dex,
I heard you were fishing the tournament with the Tiger Muskie Master. He already has caught and landed 6 tigers this year. that is 3 times the amount of muskies I caught last year!! I can't wait!!

I'm hoping some of his magic will rub off. I swear he could put hooks on a stick and get a fish to bite............

see ya soon
President
Chapter 57, Muskies Inc.
NW TIGER PAC

TLebowski
Angler

Post by TLebowski » Wed May 06, 2009 6:19 pm

My brothers and I are headed over to Curlew next Wednesday to try for Muskies for the first time. Any suggestions for lures, areas of the lake, etc. We've been reading about them and are looking forward to givin it a go. Thanks.

Dex
Lieutenant

Post by Dex » Thu May 07, 2009 2:49 pm

TL,

I have never been there myself but I know several people that have and all say it's a great lake. I'm sure one of them will read this post soon and help you out. I all ways start out with my trusty bucktail, it seems to never let me down. One rule I stick to is the clearer the water the darker lure I use. Also if you check out our website http://www.nwtigermuskies.com/ I'm sure you will find some other helpful info.

Good Luck

http://www.nwtigermuskies.com
President
Chapter 57, Muskies Inc.
NW TIGER PAC

KUP
Commander

Post by KUP » Sun May 24, 2009 7:48 pm

Helloooo, muskie hunters!
Curlew Members-only Tournament is only 6 days away and it is shaping up to be a great weekend!
For those who've been before, you know that it's just this little slice of heaven; perfect lake nestled down in a slight vale, with rolling hills and beautiful evergreen scattered about. Lots of wildlife, too, besides those water wolfs, so please be careful and keep a heads up for deer; they like to bounce in and over and around the local roads; be a darn shame if you met up accidentally.
My friend from Australia was amazed to walk right up to them in the berg of Republic, just a few miles south.
Be sure to check Republic out, too, on your way thru and spread some $$ in their town. The mines in the area have been hit hard and we anglers always bring some welcome vacation dollars to the township.
Great people, too, when you are buying gas at Beaver Trap Junction (check out the gift shop upstairs) or groceries down at Andersons, be sure to tell them you are one of the Muskyteers and Thank Them for the great tiger muskie and trout fishery they provide.

Things to put on your To-Do List:
and this one I forget every year, so don't be like me and follow suit:
1... Bring your own towels! For swimming and bathing. Sheets and kitchen towels are provided, yes. Bathing towels, no. & washcloths, no.
2. POTLUCK Saturday night! Bring your favorite dish to contribute. Nothing too organized about us; we all seem to bring enough food to keep the tummy full and if you aren’t feeling gormetty; then be ready to toss in a few $$ (10$?) instead, to keep it fair.
3. Yes, you can pre-fish! Any other tournament questions, email Lucius and the Tournament Committee for answers. Rules are posted on the front page of the TIGER PAC website: http://www.nwtigermuskies.org/index.html

If the Fishing Gods are smiling, you’re going to see some fabulous esox, especially if the water is clear. And I predict that there will be some hawgs caught & released. Matter of fact, Tammy tells me it is HER TURN, so watch out esox anglers: it is the year of the women: Tonia, Jill, Tammy, Jessalin, and oh geez, I hope.
Jack & Sandy are our hosts at Fisherman’s Cove http://fishermanscove.us/cabin11.htm and they love to see us come streaming into camp!
And if you don’t feel like cooking anytime during the weekend, bring your appetite to the Snack Shack @ Fisherman's Cove. The food is “country kitchen good” and it’s the only restaurant on the lake AND within walking distance from any of our cabins. It's Room Service, Curlew style!:chef: :chef:
We are up to 22 muskie fans for the head count, so far. Besides feeling like you have taken a step back in time to 1940 because there is no cell phone service, no TV, no loud traffic noise and just the cutest darn cabins this side of Mayberry, the camaraderie on the water and around the campfire is the very best part of this; can’t wait to see you all.

Koop.
Attachments
DSCF4667_2.jpg
DSCF4667_2.jpg (79.11 KiB) Viewed 2308 times
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun May 24, 2009 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiger Muskies are sterile.
You can't keep them under 50 inches:
Let them do their job: Eating N.P.Minnows

Travisah
Petty Officer

Post by Travisah » Mon May 25, 2009 8:11 pm

Great pic Kup! Got the Ranger all ready to go and I have the advil to help with the pain that will come from all that repetitive motion (cast, retrieve, cast retrieve) not to metion a couple of coldies to take the edge off. I am ready to do a little hog jaw seeking!

See you on the water!
Travis

Dex
Lieutenant

Post by Dex » Mon May 25, 2009 9:41 pm

What a great pic.....

I can't wait to get up there, I have been looking forward to this for some time know... Only 3 days, yeppie :bounce:

Oh yeah, and bring my own towels. Got it. lol

See ya there
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon May 25, 2009 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
President
Chapter 57, Muskies Inc.
NW TIGER PAC

Kenster
Lieutenant

Post by Kenster » Tue May 26, 2009 11:03 pm

Sorry Boys... and Ladies,

I got bad news for you!!! Looks like I caught a ride and room at Curlew!!! Mr. Mt. SiView and I will keep you all entertained!!!

Kenster
Attachments
1st_Curlew_Tiger_Musky_41x19.5_Small.JPG
1st_Curlew_Tiger_Musky_41x19.5_Small.JPG (64.01 KiB) Viewed 2259 times

KUP
Commander

Post by KUP » Wed May 27, 2009 6:55 pm

ha ha ha!
Kenster, the game is on!

Fellow members, with these two in the house there there will be some tall tails to tell.

Watch for the roostertail and the side-arm (besides mine).
We're going to have to talk to Buddy about a little Calcutta. No, make that a big Calcutta, lol.

I need to win some $$ change back from my last wager with you.
Still the best money I ever spent, tho, if I remember the success, eh?

Travis & Dex, see y'all in 3 days.
Glad you are coming, KM.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed May 27, 2009 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiger Muskies are sterile.
You can't keep them under 50 inches:
Let them do their job: Eating N.P.Minnows

Dex
Lieutenant

Post by Dex » Wed May 27, 2009 8:12 pm

Kenster,

First of all I'm glad to hear your coming. I was starting to think I had this one in the bag already. On another note, is that fish your holding or a LAX ???

lol

See ya soon
President
Chapter 57, Muskies Inc.
NW TIGER PAC

Rosann G
Commander

Post by Rosann G » Wed May 27, 2009 9:11 pm

:cheers: Sounds like a really good group that's going to Curlew this year, I know you will all have a good time no matter who catches or doesn't catch fish. Actually I hope everyone that fishes the tournament catches a fish and you better all take lots of pictures to post on the website so the rest of us can see. Have lots of fun and good luck to you all!:bounce:
Ever have a Tiger by the tail? I have!
Aspire to inspire before you expire.