Rods ?

Dedicated to the pursuit of the Noble Muskellunge.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
jigman
Petty Officer

RE:Rods ?

Post by jigman » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:27 pm

I like to run G.Loomis rods. 2 MUR933's for throwing smaller bucktails, a MUR914 for working jerks and gliders, a 955 swimbait rod for smaller jointed baits and a 956 for bigger swimbaits. I have 2 MUR964's coming for throwing bigger jointed baits, larger bucktails and for trolling rods and 1 MUR965 for 5 oz bulldogs. Mike.

PDXFisher
Petty Officer

Post by PDXFisher » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:51 am

Rosann G wrote:Nice to see you back PDXfisher. Are you coming up for the Muskie School to hear Larry Ramsell's presentation? There's a free door prize for a new Frabill muskie net.:bounce:
Rosann
I'm afraid if I came up there I'd be too tempted to sidetrack him with Hayward questions. In all honesty I've been kinda Muskied-out since last July. Fishing a month in the worst "spring" conditions in over a decade last June really did a number on me. I've been cheating on Muskies with Sturgeon, Catfish and Walleye. I did just take a trip to Lake Kinkaid, but that didn't go so well, either. Caught it at the same time as the big Tony Grant/Gregg Thomas Musky Road Rally, four boats in every cove put the fish down in a big way. Caught one on the first day and then only a few follows in the days after. Decided to go to Red Wing, MN to fish pre-spawn Walleye, but that was a disaster, too. The night before we started fishing they decided to start spilling water over the dam, which lowered the temp dramatically and put the fish down. They went from catching 80 a day to nothing. Add to that the fact it's the only water in Minnesota without ice on it and it's the only body of water there where the Walleye season is open year-round, meant a few hundred boats in a mile stretch of river. It looked like Lake Havasu spring break, only with ugly old guys. I bring bad luck/timing wherever I go. That said, very excited to go to Lake of the Woods in July. I'm sure my presence will screw something up, however.

I could really use that net, though...I keep my Big Kahuna in Minnesota.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

KUP
Commander

Post by KUP » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:40 pm

It looked like Lake Havasu spring break, only with ugly old guys.
!! lol
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiger Muskies are sterile.
You can't keep them under 50 inches:
Let them do their job: Eating N.P.Minnows