Deleted Posts

Dedicated to the pursuit of the Noble Muskellunge.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Don Wittenberger
Commander

RE:Deleted Posts

Post by Don Wittenberger » Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:21 pm

Bob, I don't disagree with most of what you say, but it should be obvious that your video struck a sensitive nerve. What's going on is, Washington's tiger muskie fishery is very small and very fragile, and a number of people are working very hard to keep this fishery for all of us. WDFW is doing its part by trying to keep the stocking going and managing tiger muskies in a way that benefits people who want to fish for them. But voluntary C & R by anglers also is an essential component of a productive muskie fishery, and I and others are doing our part by making efforts to get as many people as possible to understand that.

The negative comments and hard feelings that have occurred are unfortunate. Perhaps they were inevitable, given that fishermen tend to be rugged individualists with strong opinions, so there's bound to be arguments and personality clashes when fishermen argue about fishing issues. I sincerely hope the bad stuff can be set aside by all parties at this point, and that the warring sides will shake hands and agree to work together on a simple thing that all of us should be able to agree on -- good fishing.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bustin
Warrant Officer

Post by bustin » Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:07 pm

I checked out the videos you have on youtube. I must not have seen the one in question as they all looked fine to me.

This entire thread brought up another thought for me that echos the same thoughts of some others on this board. I was really pumped when I found this site and I have actually learned a lot to make my fishing better from this site. Also I have found that most people here have a kind heart in genuinely helping others.

My main concern, which has been my concern now for a couple of weeks, is the amount of censorship, by owners and long time site users. I understand that cursing should not be allowed due to children coming to the site, but I am talking about cencorship among things where if something seems negative, wanting to remove post, threads, whatever. I know that negativity is not something that is wanted, but on the other hand, if a community only hears what they like or only positives what good does that do? It can result in a biased outlook, such as looking through the rose colored glasses at the world.

Furthermore I will continue to come to the site to learn, but as you may have seen lately my reports and post will be kept to a minimum as I do not agree with overbearing censorship.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr Hook
Petty Officer

Post by Dr Hook » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:16 pm

Mike or Aaron please delete.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
St Croix Rods
Frabill Prostaff
Folbe Rod holders
Cannon Downriggers

zen leecher aka Bill W
Captain

Post by zen leecher aka Bill W » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:38 pm

Hookster, this isn't the first bad judgement you've used, and it won't be the last. You have good 20/20 hindsight to know what you shouldn't have done but not the maturity to know what not to do.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:53 pm

One thread gets deleted and it's "overbearing censorship". Again, one more time, with feeling. The reason the thread was removed was because a member's work place was listed and he and his business were contacted for the purpose of harrassment. Per the Acceptable Use Policy which is listed at the bottom of this page, that is unacceptable behavior we won't tolerate it.

I will say in retrospect that it would have been better to have left pieces of the thread intact, but what is done is done. I consider it a learning experience. This Forum is all of seven weeks old, and I think we are all learning as we go.

My 16 year old just walked by and said "I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul". And he hasn't even read this thread...

Time to go to bed.#-o
Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

Don Wittenberger
Commander

Post by Don Wittenberger » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:00 am

Now that we've got all the winter fuzz off our chests, it's time to go fishing, eh.