Open Seat Pend Oreille River

Dedicated to the pursuit of the Noble Muskellunge.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Gone Fishin
Lieutenant

Open Seat Pend Oreille River

Post by Gone Fishin » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:09 pm

I am really wanting to go fish the Pend Oreille River tomorrow but can't afford another trip up there and don't like going solo. So if there is anyone who would like to kick me like $25 for gas and go catch some pike and bass let me know. The fishing has been killer up there and it won't last forever.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

RE:Open Seat Pend Oreille River

Post by kevinb » Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:12 pm

Gone Fishin wrote:I am really wanting to go fish the Pend Oreille River tomorrow but can't afford another trip up there and don't like going solo. So if there is anyone who would like to kick me like $25 for gas and go catch some pike and bass let me know. The fishing has been killer up there and it won't last forever.
I wish I could,....good luck out there. Don't forget about the magnums...I have no idea if they work on the rivers but I did very well with them in the lakes.

Gone Fishin
Lieutenant

Post by Gone Fishin » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:14 pm

Pm me with a phone number and I will call in the morning if anyone wants to go.

Gone Fishin
Lieutenant

Post by Gone Fishin » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:33 pm

Well I didn't have any takers but I realize it was short notice. I will give a little heads up that I may be on the river monday-wednesday coming up and may have an open seat. It is very likely that I will be going over to the west side those days but if not I will try to hit the Pend Oreille river. If anyone is interested let me know.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:19 am

Gone Fishin wrote:Well I didn't have any takers but I realize it was short notice. I will give a little heads up that I may be on the river monday-wednesday coming up and may have an open seat. It is very likely that I will be going over to the west side those days but if not I will try to hit the Pend Oreille river. If anyone is interested let me know.
I'll be over there soon...Hoping for the end of July or early August

AdsBot [Google]
Commodore

Post by AdsBot [Google] » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:10 pm

Gone Fishin wrote:I am really wanting to go fish the Pend Oreille River tomorrow but can't afford another trip up there and don't like going solo. So if there is anyone who would like to kick me like $25 for gas and go catch some pike and bass let me know. The fishing has been killer up there and it won't last forever.
Man I would have loved to hook up with ya but I was in New York and just got back today. Gas is making it tough to get to the lake. I have a 18' Bass boat so I know what you mean about the costs. maybe we could hook up another time. I live on the north side of Spokane.

Kenster
Lieutenant

Post by Kenster » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:57 pm

Hey GF, Is the Pike fishin still hot or what? I haven't heard from you for a bit now. I'm trying to figure a out a plan to make it from Tapps to you, I'd love to go out on one of those multi-pike days your having. Was that just a spawning fluke or is it like that regular? Post here or PM me, I need to take a Va-cate!, If you now what I mean!

Gone Fishin
Lieutenant

Post by Gone Fishin » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:47 pm

I know I have been MIA for a while. I don't have internet right now, I am in between living arrangements. We have had some serious warm weather for a couple weeks now which sent the water temps soaring. The pike fishing has slowed from what it was. We won't see anymore 40 fish days but they are still catchable. The last outing was a dozen on a sunny day. On cloudy or windy days we should still be able to boat quite a few. They get a little stubborn on the calm sunny days. My first day up during the warm weather only produced a couple, the biggest about 11lbs, and a bass that topped 5lbs. That day we were unsure of where they had moved. They are in a transition right now from the shallow flooded grass they were in, to the main river where they will be. I think it is probably still worth the trip.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:51 am

I'm on vacation starting next week,taking the family over to CD'A Lake and a few of the chains around there. We're hoping to stay a night or 2 at the Pend Oreille River Resort. I'll PM you shortly and see if our schedules work.

AdsBot [Google]
Commodore

Post by AdsBot [Google] » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:00 pm

Gone Fishin - Wish I could go. Be careful up there, I tore up my boat up there last week and am taking it into the shop in the morning. It is really getting shallow in places up there. In case you get down as far as Newport area, I seen and had a few hits from big fish around the sand islands just down river of Ashenfelter Bay.

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:23 pm

Does anyone know how far the pike are yet? Usk?

Gone Fishin
Lieutenant

Post by Gone Fishin » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:07 pm

How far down the river? Way past cusick

mothman
Angler

Post by mothman » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:13 pm

Down River? At least past Box Canyon Dam-I caught one sunday
Chris

Gone Fishin
Lieutenant

Post by Gone Fishin » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:17 pm

Past box canyon? next stop Canada and then on to Roosevelt

Kenster
Lieutenant

Post by Kenster » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:36 pm

I'm headed over on Saturday. Sounds like I can hit anywhere on the Pend and get a Northern. Are there better spots for LARGER Pike? I'm taking all next week off and plan on fishing the Pend Oreille thru Tuesday then finishing up on Friday at Curlew for a Tiger or two!!

Kenster

mothman
Angler

Post by mothman » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:39 pm

Kenster wrote: Are there better spots for LARGER Pike?
Kenster
I don't know what's considered a "Larger"-mine was 13lb 32 1/2"- my first one. I tried posting a report, but probably messed it up-had a pic too.
Chris

Kenster
Lieutenant

Post by Kenster » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:48 pm

mothman wrote:
Kenster
I don't know what's considered a "Larger"-mine was 13lb 32 1/2"- my first one. I tried posting a report, but probably messed it up-had a pic too.
Chris
Just checked it out! Nice! 32.5" would work for me but a 40+" would be better!!!:bounce:

Kenster

kevinb
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by kevinb » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:58 pm

Kenster wrote:
mothman wrote:
Kenster
Chris
Just checked it out! Nice! 32.5" would work for me but a 40+" would be better!!!:bounce:

Kenster
Sounds like fun.Good luck Kenster,if you havn't already...might try pm'n Gone Fishin.

Kenster
Lieutenant

Post by Kenster » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:11 pm

Thanks Kevin. Gone Fishin probably charges for advice now that he's the "Pike Pro". I think that is what he's changing his name to. Hopefully he can post his hottest "in between this city and that city" spot(s) and not say "between Newport and just north of Boundary Dam". LOL!!

Kenster
Lieutenant

Post by Kenster » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:07 pm

Kenster wrote:I'm headed over on Saturday. Sounds like I can hit anywhere on the Pend and get a Northern. Are there better spots for LARGER Pike? I'm taking all next week off and plan on fishing the Pend Oreille thru Tuesday then finishing up on Friday at Curlew for a Tiger or two!!

Kenster

Well I made it back did y'all miss me or what? (at least fake it!) Went 3 outa 5 on the Pend (8-9 thru 8-11) and got a 41x19.5 on 8-13-08 at Curlew! Reports are posted with photos, check it out!!

Kenster