Need info on the Newman lake tourney this weekend

Dedicated to the pursuit of the Noble Muskellunge.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Fish-N-Fool
Commander

Need info on the Newman lake tourney this weekend

Post by Fish-N-Fool » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:50 pm

Even though I have emailed the muskie club and called everyone I have a number for in the club, I have got no response to my questions. Plus the website is useless, it has no info or any contact info of any kind. It seams to me that someone has dropped the ball since Craig left but he didn't return my call either LOL. I don't know for sure if it is a open or members only tourney? Start time? Fees? Required items?
I think I can make it Not sure yet, but I would at least like the info to see if i can fish it. I fished it tonite and found fish, so I'm hoping to do good. Hope there's no ban on fishing it early?

geljockey
Petty Officer

Re: Need info on the Newman lake tourney this weekend

Post by geljockey » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:19 am

Did you look at the fishing contest calendar on the WDFW website?

Here is the link: http://wdfw.wa.gov/fishing/contests/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like it's an open tournament.

Mark K
Lieutenant

Post by Mark K » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:52 pm

FNF. I called Chuck and confirmed that it is an OPEN tourney. Originally it was scheduled as a Members, it was switched to an open last month. Registering starts at 6am at the Newman Lake Resort. Meeting at 630. Fishing at 7. That's all I've got. Maybe Doug will post more info?

Fish-N-Fool
Commander

Post by Fish-N-Fool » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:42 pm

Anyone know that time it's over? Looks like i will be fishing it for sure, so Doug if you see this post put me in for a spot. So I have been told it's $50 per boat, a start time of 7 am with meeting at 6:30.
See you guys there.

Anglinarcher
Admiral

Post by Anglinarcher » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:49 pm

Sorry, did not see the post in time. How did it go, how many were caught and what were the biggest fish like?

I was stuck with the wife selling a camper on Saturday. :-({|=

Fish-N-Fool
Commander

Post by Fish-N-Fool » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:34 am

The fishing was really pretty good. My partner and I saw a total of 7 fish, 4 went after the bait, we had 2 on, and 1 landed . I had a huge monster fallow my hard swimbait but would not take it, My best guess would put it at 25 lbs. or more. My first time muskie fishing partner had 2 nice fish that hit ( the one I saw was about an 18 lber) but he messed up the hook set on both, LOL Rookies. As far as I know 4 fish total were caught and only 2 were legal length , big fish was 34" by a young man I didn't know and he won the tournament also, second place was a 31" fish that was caught right at the end of the day, The other fish was 28" and mine was 26 1/2"
Here's my monster

Rosann G
Commander

Post by Rosann G » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:23 am

Congrats on the fish and seeing that many fish. Thanks for posting about the tournament and results, glad you found out the info and got to fish in it.

Anglinarcher
Admiral

Post by Anglinarcher » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:20 pm

Thanks, rough when you have Rookies on board. LOL