Newman Lake

Dedicated to the pursuit of the Noble Muskellunge.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Mark K
Lieutenant

Newman Lake

Post by Mark K » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:08 pm

They are FINALLY installing a dock to launch from. Its going down the middle of the launch so 2 boats can load and unload at the same time. About time! =D>

muskyhunter
Captain

Re: Newman Lake

Post by muskyhunter » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:25 pm

Hmm..cool. You wanna explain ? Theres the dock to the left which you gotta be spiderman to get onto it from your boat. I cannot picture that in my cranium. So you won't have to beach your boat to the right anymore? thanks Mark, Todd

dblood1974
Petty Officer

Post by dblood1974 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:42 pm

That is sweet. Wasn't look forward to messing with launching without a dock at night time very much.

Mark K
Lieutenant

Post by Mark K » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:42 pm

Its gonna be just like Silver. There is a fishing dock off to the left, and at the boat launch they are putting a new dock right down the middle of the 2 lanes. And I know what you mean about the Spiderman thing, I was on the lake last March and a friend almost went swimming because he doesn't have the spiderman reflexes he thought he had.

And it will definitely help at night Darin, I really need to give that night fishing a shot this year. I say that every year but it never happens.

dougw
Commander

Post by dougw » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:09 am

Mark, we will make it happen this year. Now that Mandi is wanting to go out on the water, I think it will make it easier for you to get out too! Besides, we really need to get her that 50" fish! LOL. Like she would ever do that to you!!!! :-$

dblood1974
Petty Officer

Post by dblood1974 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:58 pm

Will definitely have to make this year be the year. Not only is it wild if you happen to hook into a tiger at night... there is just something awesome about not having to deal with other people, boats, etc. while on the water at night.

dougw
Commander

Post by dougw » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:56 am

Anyone know how soon they are going to actually install the docks? I was out last Friday, and they still haven't put any out other than the fishing dock. [confused]

Natebg1
Lieutenant

Post by Natebg1 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:12 pm

Hey Doug and Mark,

I might just have to make a special run over that way whenever you guys decide to go for the Night Tigers! I have done a few night trips before back home but never here so it would definitely be worth giving it a shot. Plus how fun would it be to get out on Newman again and hopefully get redemption this time. Well I guess my daughter can brag a little since she did at least get a nice Crappie so she didn't really strike out like the rest of us. Plus Doug, you have to show me a little more about that Point and this time hopefully little man will get his First Shot at that Tiger you were talking about. Look forward to getting back that way in a few weeks for the Tourney and then, Canada Here we Come!!! Give me a shout this weekend so we can plan it out.

Nate