Lake Curlew/muskie tips in general....

Dedicated to the pursuit of the Noble Muskellunge.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
VooDuuChild
Warrant Officer

Lake Curlew/muskie tips in general....

Post by VooDuuChild » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:36 pm

Gonna be out near Curlew campin for a bit and am thinkin about bringin the canoe to fish around a bit. Read that there's muskie in there and have never tied into one. It'd probably be pretty fun for a couple of dudes in a 14 foot canoe, hehehehe (I'll actually be wearing a life vest I think instead of just havin it in the boat). This is what I've gathered so far. Usually in the shallows, like bass lures like spinners, rapalas etc. What about line strength and leader? I'll mostly be doing trout and bass fishin, but would love to try and hit a muskie, even if it's only 1 1/2 feet.....

thanks.
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
________
[l_,[____],
l---L -[]lllll[]-
()_) ()_)---)_) Jeeps are my other addiction......I need help, no, just more money!!!!

Whidbeyfisherman
Petty Officer

RE:Lake Curlew/muskie tips in general....

Post by Whidbeyfisherman » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:52 pm

Try up around the railroad tracks for the muskie, and for bass along the banks on the east side where the rocks extend into the water

cudaman
Warrant Officer

Post by cudaman » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:17 pm

line test you can run 20#mono or go braided up to 80# or somewhere in between. leaders i use flourocarbon 60# to 100# you can also use wire leaders in the 40# range. To me what ever line class or leader i use have to match my drag to me thats more critical . anyway have fun and protect the resource .
Nw tiger pac chapter 57

VooDuuChild
Warrant Officer

Post by VooDuuChild » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:09 pm

We're headin out wednesday; hopefully be able to tie into a monster that outweighs my canoe. If not, trout'n'bass'n will be fun. Thanks for the advice, I'll make sure to try and check back for more posts before departure. Everything will be c&r'd (unless someone at camp desires a decent size trout to eat...hehehe)
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
________
[l_,[____],
l---L -[]lllll[]-
()_) ()_)---)_) Jeeps are my other addiction......I need help, no, just more money!!!!