Where to buy bait?

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Knox
Petty Officer

Where to buy bait?

Post by Knox » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:59 am

Hey guys,

I want to be ready in full swing for the up-coming salmon summer run. I know my dad always used to use Sand Shrimp.

I live in puyallup, and so far NO ONE has any Live Sand Shrimp for sale. Anyone know where I can pick some up?

Thanks guys!!:cheers:

scott080379
Commodore

RE:Where to buy bait?

Post by scott080379 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:46 am

The run has already started, got a couple kings and pinks already

here is a search for local shops all around WA. Give some of them a call

http://www.magicyellow.com/listings.cfm ... e&start=81

Toni
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Toni » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:16 am

I don't know if they have live bait but you could call and find out. Since it says you are in Puyallup they are local. They have a good selection of fishing supplies for our area.

Work Sport Outdoors
107 W Calistoga
Orting, WA 98360
360-893-7900
Look for Wannafish A Lure on FaceBook
He said, “Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some.” When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Knox
Petty Officer

Post by Knox » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:21 am

nope, none of them had live shrimp. They had the packaged pink shrimp though.(I've never used it).

The little general store up where I used to live, had them. Of all places.. :bounce:

Usually they come in a Styrofoam container just like worms do. The Salmon & metalheads loved them! Wonder how they would fair up here in Washington.

Anyways, thanks for all of the help! Going to try nab a fish here in a bit. :thumleft:

Shad_Eating_Grin
Captain

Post by Shad_Eating_Grin » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:24 am

here's a tip:

forget about sand shrimp. Go to your local market (I go to the Asian stores in Seattle) and buy the cheapest raw shrimp you can find. Cut into thumbnail size pieces and put on your hook or lure. fish on.

a lot easier to use than sandshrimp, easier to find, cheaper, and just as effective or more effective.

curado
Admiral

Post by curado » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:24 pm

buy shrimp like shad said but brine in sand shrimp smelly jelly liquid or pro cure sand shrimp with uv flash
If it looks fishy, Then fish it, If it dont look fishy, fish it anyways. <')}}}}><

Team Fish Whore
Twisted Steel Guide Service
EGG GURU