Bringing back the float connection

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
bitemyhook
Angler

Bringing back the float connection

Post by bitemyhook » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:14 am

Bringing back an old popular forum for fisherman that like to float the rivers and fish. Rather than asking for a lift or shuttle service let's find others with a (drift boat, pontoon, or kayak) that might want a ride to up or down the river to get their boat or float with others.

I use a Pontoon Boat and prefer to float the Skykomish,

On Sunday 8/5 I'll be floating from Sultan Landing to Ben Howard or Lewis St. Bridge (yes its pretty low right now but I can still manage on the toon ). Let me know if you'd like to join.
Last edited by bitemyhook on Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TrackerPro16
Commander

Re: Brining back the float connection

Post by TrackerPro16 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:10 am

I was curious what the connection between 'brining' and 'float' would be! It's the 'G'! :)

dj2loud
Lieutenant

Post by dj2loud » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:15 pm

Pontoon as in single seater or floating party barges? I have the costco single seater and wanna float a easy river for the 1st 5 or 6 times... Nook has been too silted up......

Schenk
Petty Officer

Post by Schenk » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:15 am

Eastsider here.
I would love to connect and do a shuttle on the:
Clark Fork (Montana)
St Joe (Idaho)
Rufus Woods. Seaton's Grove to 1st net pens. Big triploids can be had. The put out is at Nespelem Bay which means a backtrack upstream of about 1/2 mile against the current. It is impossible to row against the current some days, so an electric or small gas motor is needed for this one.

I have pontoon (portable, inflatable 'toons w/frame) that can handle up to Class II without issue.
These are all within a 2-3 hour drive from Spokane.
The Yakima would be great too...just don't like the crowds.hahahaha

steelhead-hunter
Angler

Re: Bringing back the float connection

Post by steelhead-hunter » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:50 am

I'd love to join in. I have a car and can help with the transportation and help with rowing (although I have never rowed seriously before but I'd love to learn). PM if interested.