Pontoon boat setup

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
bitemyhook
Angler

Pontoon boat setup

Post by bitemyhook » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:34 pm

I'd like to start floating the Skykomish river on a pontoon boat. I've been shore fishing the Skykomish for a while now but not 100% percent sure what I'll need before my first float.

I saw that I'll need a pair of waiters. Do most of the pontoon boats come with a pump? Do I need a rod holder or fish bag?

Does any one know of any articles our there that might go into all of the necessary items you will need to buy to have a successful trip? Or if anyone has some ideas on what someone would need (with links if possible) for their first trip.

Which portion of the Sky would be the best to start floating? Any idea on how long it takes to float each section?

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Re: Pontoon boat setup

Post by The Quadfather » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:30 pm

I sent you an email.

rseas
Commander

Post by rseas » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:08 pm

Hey!

Timing is everything, I have one for sale.

dj2loud
Lieutenant

Post by dj2loud » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:19 am

Good question any answers?

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:31 pm

We have several videos that review different floats on the Skykomish. Check out the video section. Your questions make me think it would be a good article on how to set up a pontoon boat for floats.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".