Fishing for trout/panfish in the Snohomish river

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
bespoke_joe
Angler

Fishing for trout/panfish in the Snohomish river

Post by bespoke_joe » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:09 pm

Hello! New here and I have recently taken up fishing again. I was all about it when I was in my teens, but fell out of it for 15 years.

I was wondering if anyone has luck with trout or panfish in the Snohomish river. Specifically around the city of Snohomish. I have been fishing every lake I can get to for the last 6 weeks but have yet to even get a bite. I'm not sure if it is the heat or if the stocked trout are just fished out. I'm hoping the river might have something.

- Joe

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Re: Fishing for trout/panfish in the Snohomish river

Post by The Quadfather » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:14 pm

Sorry, can’t speak to the Snohomish river, but close to you.. check out Blackman’s lake and Lake Bosworth in Granite falls. Both are solid lakes.
If you’re stuck on shore, get a float tube. You’l improve your odds greatly by getting off the dock.