Camping on river/lake banks

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
HULI_ISDA
Petty Officer

Camping on river/lake banks

Post by HULI_ISDA » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:31 am

Hi yah fellas. My brother and I been planning on making trip on the Eastern side of Washington this summer(heard fishing a lot better over than around here around Seattle area). Now we're just thinking of camping along any banks of any bodies of water. Is there a rules on where we can set up a tent for a weekend? Is there a website rules/reg I can get my hands into SOI can educate my self with. Any info is very much appreciated. Thanks. Be safe and fish on.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Re: Camping on river/lake banks

Post by The Quadfather » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:15 am

Huli-Isdu,

Better to start with possible locations you might want to be. Can you give some possible geographic locations.

HULI_ISDA
Petty Officer

Post by HULI_ISDA » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:01 pm

Oh yah that's right Chris. Potholes, silver lakes, palouse/Snake River.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:23 pm

OK, well that is WAY out of my territory. One of the folks from over there can chime in.
You might clarify if you are looking for a ‘full service campground’ etc. or maybe you want to be away from people, and independent? Fishing is a priority, I assume?

Sideburns
Commander

Post by Sideburns » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:27 pm

We would camp right on the beach with tents, campers and rv's with several boats and motorcycles at Moses lake, in the dunes all throughout the 1990's. They keep vehicles and campers way away from the water now (certain distance) and wouldnt let boats beach at all (10 years ago). Those rules could have been specific to the orv park though. I have friends that beach camp in the potholes somewhere with 4x4's and boat trailers. Id sure love to find a spot out in the potholes I could get my 27ft motorhome into!
"If it still works, take it apart and find out why!"