Wallace River Access?

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Lord Of The Fly
Angler

Wallace River Access?

Post by Lord Of The Fly » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:30 pm

Hey all,

With the BNSF Railroad Police/WDFW enforcing the no-crossing law across the tracks, does anyone know how to access the Wallace River, specifically the confluence of the Wallace and Skykomish, for fishing without trespassing over private property? Seems like the access from Reese Road was the last legal place to access (technically always illegal to cross tracks but previously never enforced). I've thought about parking on Reese Road and walking north through that huge wooded area, but heard that people were getting ticketed simply for parking on that road since it is near the tracks. Plus it appears to be filled with tons of blackberry bushes.

I'm not asking for specific fishing spots or honey holes. After looking over maps it seems like the entire Wallace is surrounded by private property or blocked by impassable foliage and/or blackberry bushes. Just wondering if anyone has figured out a way to just get to the Wallace without trespassing, ticketed or bled-out by blackberry bushes.

If willing but uncomfortable broadcasting info to everyone, PM me and it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Lord of the Fly

primetime
Commander

Re: Wallace River Access?

Post by primetime » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:07 pm

Bring a machete.

TyeeMatt
Petty Officer

Post by TyeeMatt » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:09 pm

I've parked at the convenience store and asked the clerk if I could leave my truck in the lot behind the store, which he did allow. I then hiked below the bridge and waded down the river.He was pretty gracious with it but I'd definitely ask first.
http://rainiervalleyangler.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:15 am

Hike up from the cracker bar. There is a trail from the south side of the river.

riverhunter
Commander

Post by riverhunter » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:18 am

I've thought of doing that before. Is the river crossable at the confluence of th sky and Wallace?