Snoho Coho

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Goldrigger1
Petty Officer

Snoho Coho

Post by Goldrigger1 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:49 am

I'm fished out on pinks. They sure are fun. Fight a lot for their size on light gear.

Now I'm looking for silvers. Two years ago we started to find them in some numbers in late Sept. I caught 4 with my wife on October 1st; always good to keep the records. That year was awesome for silvers stacking up in the Snoho.

I've heard of a few caught already, but rare.

It is fairly cool like it was then. The water was low that year too. Cool and low plus lots of pinks hogging up the river. I'm looking forward to this year. I know........silvers can be wacky. Let's hope for another good year especially with the upper Sky closed. I've got a lot of Wiggle Warts I didn't lose last year. Thumbs up I hope.

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Re: Snoho Coho

Post by Mike Carey » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:56 am

Love fishing the snohomish! Eggs under a float, pretty cool watching that float go down.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".

strider43
Captain

Post by strider43 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:54 am

Mike Carey wrote:Love fishing the snohomish! Eggs under a float, pretty cool watching that float go down.
Eggs under a float as instructed by Nate Treat has been the ticket for my Coho success, hands down!

Goldrigger1
Petty Officer

Post by Goldrigger1 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:52 am

I'm hoping someone knows of a source for fresh cured eggs. I haven't been able to do my own. Any ideas or does anyone use the retail brands?

DannyL
Captain

Post by DannyL » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:30 pm

Going tomorrow with a couple buddies on a drift through Coho Ally. Should be fun!
Fishing isn't a hobby, It isn't for fun. Fishing is life.

Micman78
Angler

Post by Micman78 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:14 pm

Goldrigger1 wrote:I'm hoping someone knows of a source for fresh cured eggs. I haven't been able to do my own. Any ideas or does anyone use the retail brands?
Goldrigger,

I just scored some cured eggs from a fellow fisherman. Looks to be about 1/2 to 1lbs of eggs. The eggs are frozen right now, but I'm looking to get them n the water Thursday evening and Friday. I've never fished with eggs before. I'd be happy to meet up with you or anyone else in exchange for some guidance on the water. Never floated eggs before or even used a float. Are there any other proven methods using eggs?

BentRod
Admiral

Post by BentRod » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:25 pm

Micman78 wrote:
Goldrigger1 wrote:I'm hoping someone knows of a source for fresh cured eggs. I haven't been able to do my own. Any ideas or does anyone use the retail brands?
Goldrigger,

I just scored some cured eggs from a fellow fisherman. Looks to be about 1/2 to 1lbs of eggs. The eggs are frozen right now, but I'm looking to get them n the water Thursday evening and Friday. I've never fished with eggs before. I'd be happy to meet up with you or anyone else in exchange for some guidance on the water. Never floated eggs before or even used a float. Are there any other proven methods using eggs?
Pretty much drift, under a float, or plunking.
Thaw them out a day or two ahead of time to make sure they're tough enough for casting.

Lingking
Petty Officer

Post by Lingking » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:17 pm

Mike Carey wrote:Love fishing the snohomish! Eggs under a float, pretty cool watching that float go down.
You fishing up river with the eggs Mike? Never get much of a response from fish in the lower river on eggs.

jonb
Commander

Post by jonb » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:37 pm

I caught 2 on eggs the other day in a tidal affected hole, im not mike, but I can vouch for the fact that they hit eggs in the lower river.
hi my name is john, and I'm a fishing addict.

Goldrigger1
Petty Officer

Post by Goldrigger1 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:01 am

I found some great eggs thanks to a fellow member. I had been gone to CA due to my sick Mom so no eggs. Got them at Nates Baits in OR online. Great looking. I'll try them soon on the upper Snoho.

Goldrigger1
Petty Officer

Post by Goldrigger1 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:05 am

Thanks for the egg tip Danny L. BTW, did you get any on your float through coho alley?

Mike Carey
Owner/Editor
Owner/Editor

Post by Mike Carey » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:18 pm

Lingking wrote:
You fishing up river with the eggs Mike? Never get much of a response from fish in the lower river on eggs.
Only tried upriver from Cady launch, worked just fine.

"Takers get the honey, Givers sing the blues".