$occer fields on the Puyallup

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Blunatic
Petty Officer

$occer fields on the Puyallup

Post by Blunatic » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:28 pm

Last year on the Puyallup they started towing cars from the (not so) secret parking spots on river road and at one of them the car right next to me got broken into...as a matter of fact, I pulled in and saw the window down on the car and just thought someone forgot to roll it up...turns out I may have spooked the thief away when I pulled in because I ended up standing right next to the owner of the car in the river and I said something about the car and he immediately ran back and it was his car...a thief had actually broke the back glass "out" not in and threw the remnants of the window under the car. I guess the owner of the car had only been there 5 minutes before I walked in..
...anyway, I have never ever paid for parking to fish but nowadays those secret spots have definite risk and I see tweekers on bikes cruising through fishermen parking areas all the time! (Not just there) This year, I am considering paying!

Does anyone here know how much it costs to park at the soccer fields ?

Duwamish Amish
Petty Officer

Re: $occer fields on the Puyallup

Post by Duwamish Amish » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:34 am

$5.
Amen.

hlindsay
Warrant Officer

Post by hlindsay » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:23 am

Is there someone there to take the $5 and keep an eye on the cars?

Bay wolf
Commander

Post by Bay wolf » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:25 am

hlindsay wrote:Is there someone there to take the $5 and keep an eye on the cars?
Yes, there's someone there to take your money, but they don't necessarily "keep an eye out on your car".

There are so many people coming and going through that area that it's near impossible to watch who's getting into what car. The paved road beside the soccer fields (the one that dead ends ) is not tribal, and is free. But again, at any given time there are people milling around. Common sense, here are some warning signs:

Guy on a bicycle. Looks like a guy who is riding a bike because he can't afford a car type. They like the fast get away provided by the bike.

Two guys in the area who don't look like their fishing. They may not be together, and probably don't show up at the same time. One is the watch out.

Glass on the ground. (we all know what that means)

Parking areas are like a buffet to thieves. They know, unless they get caught red handed, they will probably never get caught.

The best thing we can do is watch out for each other. Talk to guys in the parking lots you see. Ask how their doing, if the fish are biting. If their by a car, ask them about the car. If they seem out of place, take an extra minute to keep an eye on them. If you see a guy who's talking to someone who doesn't look like he's fishing, walk over and join in the conversation. Strength in numbers. Often times that's all it takes to make them move on. If the guys legitimate, he'll appreciate the fact that your helping out.

The sad truth is, law enforcement is NOT going to slow down this problem. We, citizens, need to step up and start watching each others back.
Forgiveness is between them and God. My job is to arrange the meeting!
US Army 1st SGT (Ret)

Brat Bonker
Admiral

Post by Brat Bonker » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:25 pm

I heard you are not allowed to cross the road anymore or you will get a ticket is that true?

natetreat
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by natetreat » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:34 pm

this is why I've never fished at the soccer fields.

Bay wolf
Commander

Post by Bay wolf » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:45 pm

Unfortunatly, this epidemic is not limited to one place or even one system. It is wide spread and growing. The only way to make an impact is to get involved.
Forgiveness is between them and God. My job is to arrange the meeting!
US Army 1st SGT (Ret)

woady
Petty Officer

Post by woady » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:26 pm

"secret" spots?

Blunatic
Petty Officer

Post by Blunatic » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:31 pm

hlindsay wrote:Is there someone there to take the $5 and keep an eye on the cars?
Thanks, that was gonna be my next question.
I see from the replies that it is still a park at your own risk situation

woady
Petty Officer

Post by woady » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:18 pm

I actually saw two 'tweakers on bikes' in Puyallup the other day.

One had a tall boy of steel reserve in one hand

Other looked like he could've been an extra in the Mad Max movies

Do the bike tweakers help to bring down property values at all?

strider43
Captain

Post by strider43 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:35 am

woady wrote:I actually saw two 'tweakers on bikes' in Puyallup the other day.

One had a tall boy of steel reserve in one hand

Other looked like he could've been an extra in the Mad Max movies

Do the bike tweakers help to bring down property values at all?
I have those freaks in my area. When I leave for work at 4:30 AM and there are 30 somethings riding around bikes for 10 year olds you know somethings up. [huh]

Blunatic
Petty Officer

Post by Blunatic » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:05 pm

The funny thing about Tweekers is that they don't realize they look like tweekers [blink]