wallace river

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
primetime
Commander

Re: wallace river

Post by primetime » Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:54 pm

steel whisperer wrote:Anybody fishing there in the morning? Was gonna run yhe sled on the big river but all my friends punked out
You should have hit me up.

steel whisperer
Petty Officer

Post by steel whisperer » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:57 am

primetime wrote:
steel whisperer wrote:Anybody fishing there in the morning? Was gonna run yhe sled on the big river but all my friends punked out
You should have hit me up.
Sorry buddy, was thinking about it but had someone going until the very last minute. Wasnt sure if you could go on that little notice

AJFishdude
Warrant Officer

Post by AJFishdude » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:46 pm

I know this is kind of late, but going back to the topic of the highway side access at Reiter, what have you guys seen or heard? From my looking at the maps, the area is public land (DFW, or NFS, or something like that), but you have to cross the tracks to get there from highway 2. Any issues encountered? I just have a bad feeling about it, knowing that they have cracked down on the Wallace and at least one spot up on the Samish as well. It seems to be the trend with popular spots that have to be accessed by going over or near RR tracks.

strider43
Captain

Post by strider43 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:31 am

AJFishdude wrote:I know this is kind of late, but going back to the topic of the highway side access at Reiter, what have you guys seen or heard? From my looking at the maps, the area is public land (DFW, or NFS, or something like that), but you have to cross the tracks to get there from highway 2. Any issues encountered? I just have a bad feeling about it, knowing that they have cracked down on the Wallace and at least one spot up on the Samish as well. It seems to be the trend with popular spots that have to be accessed by going over or near RR tracks.
I haven't heard anything since all of this surfaced some time back last summer I think. I have been going up there and have not encountered any problem. There have been typical big crowds there and no word of any problem.
The only problem I had up there was last Saturday when my f@#$%ng leader broke and I lost MY steelhead.

sfgregorini
Petty Officer

Post by sfgregorini » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:19 am

STRIDER43

Thank you for the info. Im not going to be fishing for a few weeks. I live in PA and usually hit the river a couple days when Im out there visiting family. I just don't want to chance going home with a certificate for $1000.

strider43
Captain

Post by strider43 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:10 pm

sfgregorini wrote:STRIDER43

Thank you for the info. Im not going to be fishing for a few weeks. I live in PA and usually hit the river a couple days when Im out there visiting family. I just don't want to chance going home with a certificate for $1000.
That's funny that this came up again as my fishing Buddy just brought this up again. There have been cars there, not near as many as normal but the water is kind of high and there's not much room down there right now. I haven't been down there yet this season but when I went last season there wasn't any signs or anything like there is at the loop to the mouth of the Wallace river....I heard it is an$1,100 ticket but it was unclear who the ticket was given by.....

AJFishdude
Warrant Officer

Post by AJFishdude » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:38 am

I saw cars on Saturday when I drove past, but it wasn't totally jammed.

dj2loud
Lieutenant

Post by dj2loud » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:58 am

sfgregorini wrote:STRIDER43

you've responded to a post that was dated 2014....... way old post sir