wallace river

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
sturman8r
Angler

Re: wallace river

Post by sturman8r » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:36 am

i have been to the sky almost everyday since it opened. had a long 30 min. conversation with the owner of the market on 363rd. they have been writing $1000 tickets for anyone that crosses the railroad. he had a card with the guys name on it. basically all the kids that go down and party on that and and leave there trash ruined it for the fishermen. the parking area at the end of the road, you park there the sheriff has been told to tow any vehicle by the owner of that land. bnsf does own the railroad and 40ft on each side but not the property. do not go there unless you want $1000 ticket and your vehicle towed. it is being strictly enforced unfortunately... tight lines

Steelheader_1977
Angler

Post by Steelheader_1977 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:44 pm

So i contacted WDFW and they confirmed that BNSF has closed their land on the other side of the tracks from Reece road (Checked out scopi and found out that all that land on the other side of the tracks out to the sky and the wallace river is owned by BNSF) due to vandalism and littering. but that was the only area they knew of them closing.
I know the land between the tracks and the river at reiter is DFW land so BNSF probably can't due much about people crossing there since they would be blocking access to state land

spoonman
Captain

Post by spoonman » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:59 pm

Wow, that sucks. Once again a few bad apples ruin it for everyone.

wlai
Petty Officer

Post by wlai » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:19 pm

Does anyone know about this WDFW access point to Wallace, right on 363rd st, right after the bridge and tracks? WDFW says it's got easement to the river , but I've both google mapped it and drove by, and couldn't figure out where the easement is. There are private properties sign all over, scaring you off.

Now that Reese is gone, I need a new access to Wallace. Anyone has any other spots you don't mind sharing? Would appreciate a PM.

http://wdfw.wa.gov/lands/water_access/30998/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

spoonman
Captain

Post by spoonman » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:58 pm

Dunno, ive fished there. It seems alright for coho qhen the water is up. Wish they would open the wallace up for kings once they get their numbers.

mizm05
Commander

Post by mizm05 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:12 am

I was out there last Sunday. I stopped by the Wallace hatchery and the warden was there. Told him we were headed over to Reese Rd and he forewarned us about the railroad cops writing tickets. I did see a white railroad truck with the track wheels driving up the tracks twice that day. There were plenty of guys parked off the side of the road...didn't see any rigs getting towed and my rig didn't get towed. I think it just depends on whether they actually catch you in the act of crossing the tracks.

That sucks that a couple knuckleheads cause such a headache for the rest of us.

Bmastro777
Warrant Officer

Post by Bmastro777 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:36 pm

Any more news on this subject? I wansnt aware of this and parked at the end of reese road. Got an earful from a landowner that I cannot go on the land to fish anymore? So, anyone found a way to get around this area?

Bmastro777
Warrant Officer

Post by Bmastro777 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:44 pm

Sultan basin road? walk along tracks to bridge and then down to river?

Bmastro777
Warrant Officer

Post by Bmastro777 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:27 pm

Lady doesn't want us parking there anymore and she calls railroad police when she sees a vehicle.

oneshot
Commodore

Post by oneshot » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:41 pm

that's a bummer.. If you can drift down from high bridge you could have the whole area to yourself now a days.. :) time to start looking for pontoons for sale.. little white water never hurt anyone!

DannyL
Captain

Post by DannyL » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:58 am

Anyone hitting any coho yet?
Fishing isn't a hobby, It isn't for fun. Fishing is life.

Bmastro777
Warrant Officer

Post by Bmastro777 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:59 pm

ghost town...need lots of rain.

jonb
Commander

Post by jonb » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:40 pm

I saw a guy snag a big old red king in its white rotten tail, the guy beeched it snapped some pics, and bonked it....at the bridge hole last sunday, i was scouting, all gnarly boot kings, flow is terrible. I left after i saw that fish poached in disgust... the poacher didnt speak english...i tried to tell him to let that fish go, he said "no tiendo" then he through the fish (unbled) in a garbage bag and left...
hi my name is john, and I'm a fishing addict.

Bmastro777
Warrant Officer

Post by Bmastro777 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:50 pm

I've decided this year that I will be calling people on the snagging and poaching. Its gotten disgusting at the wallace and I'm sick of it. They ruin it for us egg fisherman. I will be religiously calling officers on every person I see snagging. It needs to stop.

jonb
Commander

Post by jonb » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:11 pm

I typically throw blue fox spinners or float jig/prawn not eggs, but yeah i shouldnt have said anything, i should have called the sherrif , i just couldnt stand seeing him drag that king on the bank, i couldnt help my self, had to say something...

Bmastro777
Warrant Officer

Post by Bmastro777 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:35 pm

he would have gotten a piece of my mind too...

strider43
Captain

Post by strider43 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:55 pm

Bmastro777 wrote:I've decided this year that I will be calling people on the snagging and poaching. Its gotten disgusting at the wallace and I'm sick of it. They ruin it for us egg fisherman. I will be religiously calling officers on every person I see snagging. It needs to stop.
I wasn going to say anything.........until I read these latest post. Last Tuesday on the Wallace I saw guys snagging under the Cedar tree and at first I thought they were catching until I found that they werent biting because the fish at the hole werent biting. Then I watched them and saw what was happening. I thought about writing a post on WL but then thought whos would care, more of the same..so I didnt. I feel the same way about f#$#&^s snagging in holes that can be fished with the proper method and the fish can be caught, nice legal and you caught a fish. Most of the snaggers want to rip and yank and create such kaos in the hole the fish dont want to bite, it upsets me as well.And you all know it already. I float eggs and jigs with shrimp. So ahve given thougt to paying more attention and actually calling LE instead of just being pissed and trying to tell they cant keep that fish or fish that way.I have run into the no english bit as well and that adds even more frustration............there my 2 cents.......see you on the RIVER [flapper]

Wallace is dead as far silvers go, we some good rain. There are a bunch cutts in there along with the boots.

jonb
Commander

Post by jonb » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:02 pm

Which holes did you see the cutts in? Id love to get into a couple of those : ill use my fly rod ill refrain from using worms his year.

strider43
Captain

Post by strider43 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:20 am

under and down river from the 2 bridge

jonb
Commander

Post by jonb » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:20 am

Thanks strider! I appreciate that.