Fishing for pinks with gulp minnow grubs

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
caseyweed
Angler

Fishing for pinks with gulp minnow grubs

Post by caseyweed » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:35 pm

I was at the store picking up some tackle to catch some pinks and I had been using a 1/4 oz. pink jig head with a bright pink squid on it but the store was out of both so I picked up some regular jig heads and some Gulp bright pink 2" minnow grub to put onto the jigs. Will this work or will I just be wasting my time.

P.S. I will be fishing from the bank not a boat if that matters at all.

A9
Rear Admiral One Star

RE:Fishing for pinks with gulp minnow grubs

Post by A9 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:19 pm

It might. Better to just to buy the cheapest pink/white steelhead jigs you can. THey are as cheap as like $1.69 and are the 1/4 oz size and those are killing them....
Don't chase reports...Be the report others chase....

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

Post by Bodofish » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:18 pm

Hot ticket!!!!!!!
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!

martekk42
Petty Officer

Post by martekk42 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:05 pm

The Gulps do work though so good luck with them as well ....Had a ball on monday caught over 50 fish in just ..
3 hrs on 8 lb test med action rod .. Even tried them on my ultra light rod .. Alot of fun ..