Berkley Nanofil

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
wdavis10
Petty Officer

Berkley Nanofil

Post by wdavis10 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:20 am

=D> So, I was informed by NAFC that I was a winner(never won a thing in my life cept a vacation in viet nam). The first part of this "win" arrived last night, a 150 yd spool of 10lb nanofil - the big questions are anyone use this and your input please and would you use this for salmon. It's white(they call it clear mist) it's small(looks like 4 lb) so am assuming a clear leader would be in order. This is new they tell me so was just wondering, sunbirds in yelm has this and tell me it's good but spendy - they are in to sales so....

Trout-NinJa
Petty Officer

Re: Berkley Nanofil

Post by Trout-NinJa » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:28 pm

I used Nanofil this year. I am not too terribly impressed, but it's not horrible line. First complaint is you have to tie a "nanofil knot'' or the line will slip and you'll loose your lure. Second: the line takes forever to sink just a little. Benefits i found are that it cast farther that regular line and it is nearly indestructible.

As for it being clear mist, no it's definetely white in or out water. I caught salmon and trout on it this year, Didn't try for bass.