Cohos in the Snoqualmie?

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
pumpkin
Petty Officer

Cohos in the Snoqualmie?

Post by pumpkin » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:22 pm

I live right on the snoqualmie river, and I have never heard of there being much of a silver run in it. This year though I just had a couple guys telling me they were catching a bunch of silvers in the snoqualmie in carnation. Just wondering if any of the rest of you have been fishing the sno for silvers at all this year?

Bodofish
Vice Admiral Three Stars

RE:Cohos in the Snoqualmie?

Post by Bodofish » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:23 pm

pumpkin wrote:I live right on the snoqualmie river, and I have never heard of there being much of a silver run in it. This year though I just had a couple guys telling me they were catching a bunch of silvers in the snoqualmie in carnation. Just wondering if any of the rest of you have been fishing the sno for silvers at all this year?

It's a great place for Coho. If someone has been telling you other wise they're out there fishing them. They can be a bit lock jawed at times but that just means change up your presentation. Catch them from the mouth to the Wallace flats.
Build a man a fire and he's warm for the night. Light a man on fire and he's warm the rest of his life!