Stillaguamish River & area lakes, Mt. loop hwy

A place for readers to talk about river fishing in Washington.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you
Andy Griffith
Angler

Stillaguamish River & area lakes, Mt. loop hwy

Post by Andy Griffith » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:25 pm

Will be camped along the Stillaguamish river off the Mountain loop hwy and was wondering about the river and/or shore lake fishing opportunities in the area?

Thanks

Bass Woody
Petty Officer

RE:Stillaguamish River & area lakes, Mt. loop hwy

Post by Bass Woody » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:20 am

there is about 3 miles of river that is closed, cook slough I believe. lots of lakes around. use google maps to see them. watch out for crime out there, some recent issues.

I'm sorry I think your talking about up river and I was talking lower by Silvana.#-o oh my bad. have fun
Last edited by Bass Woody on Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
LIP RIPPER

MarkFromSea
Admiral

Post by MarkFromSea » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:16 pm

Andy Griffith wrote:Will be camped along the Stillaguamish river off the Mountain loop hwy and was wondering about the river and/or shore lake fishing opportunities in the area?

Thanks
You can access Cavanah via the back road from Oso.
"Fish Hard and Fish Often!"

chefjake99
Warrant Officer

Post by chefjake99 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:44 pm

There are many decent spots on the SF Stilly there are a few spots in paticular that I especially like after Verlot. I Got my largest steelhead there when I was thirteen. Right now it will be super low but there should be cutt's, steelhead, and dolly's in there. Check your regs on that river though as I havent fished it in a while and Im sure thing have changed.
"Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn." ~Chuck Clar

Andy Griffith
Angler

Post by Andy Griffith » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:59 pm

Thanks for the replies. We will be near Verlot. I will get the rule book out and see if I can decipher what's what.

The Quadfather
Rear Admiral One Star

Post by The Quadfather » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:26 am

If you continue up the road past Verlot about 5 miles, you will pass the Big Four Ice Caves. Another 1.5 miles past that is a left turn off to Coal lake road. Drive up there about 4-5 miles will put you right at Coal lake, about 100' from where you park. Has tons of brooke trout, very eager for your gear. Not that big, they're alpine lake brooke trout. But it is fish on, all day. Also as you go along the Stilly, down near lake 22 I think?? There is one huge bend in the hwy. It is the biggest hole/bend in the river in that area. When the fish are there,, it holds fish for sure. Check those nasty river regs though, can't be sure of anything.
"Honey Badger don't care.. Honey Badger don't give a ....."

4r7wHMg5Yjg